Passenger window wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

wklose99

I have a Ford Escape 2003 limited. I was running speaker cable through the molex in the front doors and I clipped what I thought was the old speaker cable, but it turned out to be the window control cable.

Anyways, I hooked that connection back up and the window will now roll down only from the drivers side door(the master window control unit). It will not roll down from the passenger side.

This is odd and I am having a tough time figuring out what has happened. I rechecked the molex and no other wires appeared to have been snipped. Also, the cable for the passenger side window control shouldn't run through the molex, correct? It should simply run from the button to the window motor, all within the same door. However, I have not touched any of those wires and but double checked them regardless and don't see anything wrong.

I know it's not a burned out motor because it works fine from the driver's side door.

How should I troubleshoot this, I am at a loss?

use a multi meter or test light to see if the wires get voltage with the passanger window switch. does the passanger window have auto roll down? if so mabye it needs to be reprogrammed since loosing power.

well I dunno what I was doing wrong initially but when I tried again this morning it worked. This happened after fiddling with both gaskets, so maybe I knocked something back in to place only to have it pop back out later down the road, but I'll worry about that when it happens. So issue resolved, unfortunately I can't say how!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.