Party Bus - Ground Up Stereo Setup Questions

649RR

OKC
Hi everyone, nice forum! I'm building a party bus and have a few questions on my audio setup...

I am a total noob to audio as I have usually just stripped them out of my past cars for racing purposes but now I'm on a different kind of project. I know these are not top quality items but I have already purchased:

-JVC KW-R800BT double din

RMS 20w x 4ch, Peak 50w x 4ch

-(8 Speakers) Kenwood KFC-1664S 6.5"

RMS 35w, Peak 180w, 4 ohm

-(4 Subs) MTX Terminator Series TNE212D (2 subs in each box)

RMS 400, 2 ohm

My party bus is about 24' long and I assume 8 speakers will be enough to fill the space. My question is where do I place the subs for best sound? Do I need to place 2 in the back and 2 near the front or just keep all 4 near the back of the bus?

What type of amp do I need to power the eight 6.5" 4 ohm speakers? I assume a 4 channel amp and then just run 2 speakers into each channel? Is that even how it works? lol

And for the subs, can I get one 2 channel amp for each box? I'm confused about the impedance and all this other stuff but from what I've researched it sounds pretty critical to my amp choice but I still don't understand it at all...

I've spent way more money on vinyl wrapping the exterior and getting all the interior items than I expected and my budget for this is running super low. That's why I didn't buy better quality audio items than I did. My amp budget is very low...as in $100-$250 total for the subs/speakers and I'll probably buy the amp used locally unless there is an inexpensive new option.

Sorry for the noob questions...

Thanks

Welcome, pretty nice project you have here, I assume you are not going for spl but for loudness and a little SQ, You cna actually split your 2 subs and put 1 in a box (ported) at the back and 1 at the front if possible not in the very front and not in the very back, to power these subs you can just get 1 amp and just run the speaker wire longer . for powering 8 4 ohms speakers, I agree to run a 4 channel amp that is capable of 2ohm so you can wire all 8 of them. i would suggest to get another 2 channel amp for tweeters

Find a 4 channel that will handle 2Ω per channel and find a subwoofer amp that does around 800 watts (a little more is okay) at 1Ω and put the subs in the back. Base isn't localizable and you'll get a lot of cabin gain in that environment so I wouldn't bother with trying to fit a subwoofer box in the front of the cabin.

You'll connect two mids to each channel of the four channel and they will be connected in parallel (positive to positive & negative to negative). Then, connect the two subwoofer boxes the same way.

This is the cheapest most quality amplifier setup I could find close to your budget that actually does anywhere close to rated.

Wire 2 sets of 4 speakers bridging the channels to 4 ohms on this amp. You bridge the 4 channels, so 2 of the channels bridged then the other 2 channels bridged:

New Audiopipe APSM4050 1000 Watt Amplifier MOSFET Car Audio 4 Channel Mini Amp | eBay

Wire both sets of subs individually into each channel of this amp at 2ohms:

Power Acoustik BAMF 2000 1D 2000W Class D Monoblock BAMF Power Car Amplifier Amp 709483028616 | eBay

On the cheap...
1 of these for the 4 12's.

Shark SHKAMP2500D 2500W Mini Design Mono MOSFET Car Audio Professional Amplifier | eBay

And 1 of these for the speakers ran @ 2 ohm, 2 kenwoods per channel.

Shark SHKAMP100 4 1000W Class D 4 Channel Mini Design Car Amplifier Compact Cars | eBay

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Seems a bit overkill for the subs if wiring at 1, and a lot more wiring than necessary for the speakers. Just my opinion, or at least something to think about.

Wow, thanks for all the guidance and clearing things up! I really appreciate it.

Pro-rabbit, I am near the Paseo area by NW 23rd street.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.