parking brake bypass for pioneer drained my battery

checoleco78045

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I have a pioneer double din and I installed a parking brake bypass toggle switch. Ever since then my car battery has been dying overnight. I grounded the wire and connected it to the toggle switch and has been draining my battery. Does anyone know why or can help me figure it out as to why it drains.

I had a pioneer double din and to bypass the parking break to watch the screen while driving all i had to do was push my park brake in one click and it would bypass. Is this why you need to bypass it? Not sure what your battery issue is though.

It's an avh series 4800bs but I did the diy bypass with the toggle switch and connected the green wire (parking brake wire) to one side of the toggle switch and the other side to a grounded wire to complete the connection to view the videos while driving, but after I connected it my battery started dying.

The relay is lime 10 bucks its a little timed relay that only turns off and on when the cdplayer turns on.

Chances are you have it on a constant. Use the ignition switch leg instead of tge constant for memory.

I've seen the relays online..... And the switch has a constant ground when it's on to view the videos.. do u think that is what's draining my battery... That the switch is the problem.... Because when I get in my car I have to flip the switch 3 times to get it to work

Hard to say but its possible.

Electrical is truely a trip. Without measuring where the current is being drawn its impossible to say but if it started when u installed the switch logic says tgats tge problem. Some switches do leak and case a drain to occur.

I have a Pioneer AVHX2700BS and had to use this, which works great! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9AQPUU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking on amazon, you should be able to use this https://www.amazon.com/DIYBypass-Parking-Bypass-Pioneer-AVH-X4800BS/dp/B019ERKP3G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487771745&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=pioneer+parking+brake+bypass&psc=1

I've never had a problem with my battery being drained or anything while using this. Much easier than a toggle switch.

What the heck? A constant ground cannot drain your battery.. in fact it doesn't even really make sense. Your vehicle's chassis is always a constant ground.

Sounds like you wired something wrong. If you had the amps remote wire input connected to a switch and the switch provided 12v to the amp, then it would turn the amp on, which could drain the battery if it was left on. Or if the switch was broken and constantly provided continuity.. etc.

It's possibly coincidence that your battery started to die at the same time you installed the switch.

Take a battery cable off and hook up your multimeter to amps and measure ampere draw while the car is off and you can find out your power draw for sure...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.