Pairing new and older sub together and volume difference with two subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I agree with everyone that you'll want to run the same rev's so I'd sell the current one but ONLY if you are going to be using a box suited for 2. If you have the space for 2 but want to save money you can upgrade to 1 12 too.

My reply didn't go through originally so sorry about that. Hifonics is putting out garbage right now so I'd look into the SQ line for a budget.

I would need a new box and a new amp. Currently running a hifonics Brutus 1500.1 which has been good to me so far @2ohms on it. I would get a Brutus 2400.1 to probably 2 ohms so that with enough voltage (new alt too most likely) it should do 800ish a piece at 2
nah i agree with him get soundqubed 1250 $179 at least u know they do power it claims.. if u want more power wolfram 1500 if they get any in stock or maybe u can find a good amp used (peeps sell them here sometimes wolfram sold here last week).. and see the reason i said sell and buy 2 was so they'd be same model but ta **** talked crap then said same thing..

Personally I'd not cheap out on the amp if Sa-10's were being used... if your gonna do 2, and they're d4's... wire em to 1 ohm and put somewhere around 1500 clean watts on em'. Had some 1250 watt Skars and they did well but with less cone and less power the single 15" Sa I'm using seems louder overall with the same basic tune (around cabin freq) the last setup I had got to 149.2 with 2 12" Skars, and I was probably putting around 2X the power to them. I'm really impressed with the power handling of this thing, for a 750 watt sub to take an amp that's rated for over 2K and not burn up the coils within a couple of minutes is an eye opener for me.... I just let em' cool after 3-5 minutes of abuse and they repeat the process without complaint. Just set your levels correctly, box em right and enjoy. Whatever amp you go with... I wouldn't underpower them as looking for more volume MIGHT tempt you to clip em and that WILL kill the things eventually.

2009 - First SA-12s released : 4-spoke frame with 4 vent holes

1st revision - Triple joint rings added : 4-spoke frame with 12 vent holes

2nd revision - Magnet boot added

3rd revision - Pole cap size and shape change : custom tooled ventilation ring added and frame vents removed

Thanks for the help everyone! So just going from an old SA10 to a new one would net about 150rms more, good to know.

So I'm definitely going for new sub or subs at this point, I think a good starting point is finding a good 2krms amp then. Ill look into the brand that was mentioned!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.