Pair of 13tw5-3, Which Hifonics amp do you reccomend?

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi All,

I am looking for a pair of shallow mounts for my truck and I am leaning almost firm on the JL 13tw5-3.

So... What Hifonics am do you guys suggest for a pair?

I don't know much about amps or wiring at all so I thought it would be best to see what the pros think.

Thanks!

13.5" Shallow Mount are rated at 600rms, peak is just over 1000.

Link

As for budget, I want to stay under 700 shipped for the amp (give or take).

I'm open to other amp brands that will do the job. The 13.5" are hardest hitting shallow mounts I've seen this far which is why I chose them.

are you only limited to hifonics amps? if not you can get much better amps.and the same goes with the JLs. for the money you can get better unless your getting a steal on them.

but if you are go with this one

Hifonics HFi1500D Class D Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

and wire them in parrallel. itll go down to .75 ohms. but with box rise you should be above 1 ohm.
WRONG!!! these are 3 ohm SVC subs , parallel will show 1.5 before you factor box rise

I have a Hifonics HFi 2500 you could buy off me for $200 + shipping. Let me know if your interested. Its in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. I have original box and I have the bass knob still in packaging. I am getting new subs at the moment and looking to upgrade amps for my new system. I can send pics if needed.

WRONG!!! these are 3 ohm SVC subs , parallel will show 1.5 before you factor box rise
What does box rise mean?

Dont buy SQ subs and put a high THD amp on them please. Just get a 1000/1
Sorry, don't understand the lingo. SQ and THD... Guessing Sound Quality subs and ?? on THD.

The 2500 amp that was reccom, would that make a match for a pair?

LS-xxvmaxximus-RB.jpg

THD means total harmonic distortion. Why spend a bunch of money on sound quality oriented JL subs & they buy a budget "just ok" type amp?

So you want 1200 RMS?

Don't get a HFI

Hifonics Brutus BRZ 1200.

Dont let that guy who obviously doesn't use hifonics amps tell you they ****, because I have used 3 different hifonics amps in my years and they all sound great. I actually currently am running a BRZ 2400 and its amazingly powerful and sounds fine..

Also.. you can get a brand new BRZ1200 for less than $200

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.