PA FUBAR 12W Enclosure?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently opened a thread regarding this but didn't get too much out of it.

So, I was wondering what people recommend for a proper DD enclosure.

I listen to mostly fast hitting rock/metal but do play rap songs every once in a while. I know, this woofer isn't necessarily good for rock/metal.

I'm planning on making it flush mounted against the rear running a single subwoofer.

Lol, and in the off chance that someone is local or has access to a Mercedes C300 and could make an enclosure custom fit, I'll be glad to pay for someone to make one.

Ron

wait a minute.....you drive a Mercedes and you have a Fubar sub?

Thats like putting touring tires on a Lambo.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The woofer and amp was a present, and I want to use it and "enjoy" it to avoid confrontation. Now, the rest of the system is up to par and all, with nothing but my beloved PPI Sedona amplifiers and MB Quart component sets.

Ron

1.75 cubes tuned to 34-38hz. you could go a little bigger, but since you're a metal/rock guy, i'd stick a tad small. it'll help keep some control over the sub when pounding that quick double bass. and for the record, the sub has no bearing on certain styles of music, and how it performs on that music. example: you have an 8 inch sub in a ported box too large for the sub. it sounds pretty good on rap (probably), but really sounds sloppy playing fast double bassed metal. it's the box. now, you have a 15, in a sealed box too small for the 15. it will probably sound pretty good playing fast double bassed metal, but won't probably be able to pound out that low rap bass like it could. it's the box. any sub can play any type of music. the box determines how the sub reacts, good or bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.