Pa 3000s at 1.3 strapped? .65 right Got a few questions

KnOkIn It 420
10+ year member

Poo Poo Broussard
I sold one the other day and he ended comin back and buyin the other one. I went over to help him.He didnt how to know strap the amps. He had 2x2 coils... 2 subs wired in parralel series and I checked it with a dmm and it measures 1.3 I set the gains for 1.5ohms for about 2000wrms each ( 78 volts). The amps were doin good. I am just tryin to see if anyone has ran them this low and what not and even if I could get more power out of them.

Also it was my first time hearin them, he had 2 15" hifonics subs I seen the specs on the boxs but can remember the model number...but pretty **** loud!

Even though the DMM reads 1.3 ohms, the impedance rise is going to be closer to 2 ohms, so its not as low as you think. I have a SVC 4 ohm sub that reads 3.4 ohms resistance.

I sold one the other day and he ended comin back and buyin the other one. I went over to help him.He didnt how to know strap the amps. He had 2x2 coils... 2 subs wired in parralel series and I checked it with a dmm and it measures 1.3 I set the gains for 1.5ohms for about 2000wrms each ( 78 volts). The amps were doin good. I am just tryin to see if anyone has ran them this low and what not and even if I could get more power out of them.
Also it was my first time hearin them, he had 2 15" hifonics subs I seen the specs on the boxs but can remember the model number...but pretty **** loud!
The DMM measures the Re, not the nominal impedance.

I ran mine all the way down to .5 ohm and never had any trouble at all. Very tough amps if you ask me. Not sure about my impedance rise, but it was slamming the hell out of a daily system.

People crack me up thinking their amps are running at whatever their "trusty" DMMs tell them through all frequencies.

"dudz liek my amps r totalie runin at .623 0hms write now cuz my dmm sayz so thise amps r so powaful n ****"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.