overheating head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

bass_master
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I bought some preety cheap sound gear the other day which consists of 2x 6.5" subs, 2x 1" tweeters, some 4" two ways and a pair of 3-way crossovers. I already had a pair of 6.5" JBL's and the whole system runs of the headunit which is a 4x40W Philips. The headunit gots really hot while I was testing it all out which I didn't think was doing it a lot of good. Does this mean i should get a amp? Also I think one of the subs has a rip in the membrain, is there a way of fixing this? Any help on this would be great. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hi Bud. I will be honest with you on this. All these units from Aliexpress dont last. they are junk. I have had one in the older honda civic 8th...
it comes tomorrow and i cant wait. Thanks for spotting that amp and recommending it!
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...
There are a couple of options. You can use a marine bt unit. They come in the size of a hockey puck and can mount anywhere. This is the marine unit.
There are bluetooth amplifiers. You can just use your phone or an I Pod as the music source and not touch the radio.

About this thread

bass_master

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
bass_master
Queensland, Australia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date