neons

brian
10+ year member

i was just wondering, what is the law on flashing neon lights in a vehicle. can a cop pull you over for having them? i have allready had the police follow me, but not pull me over. i have 4 15" blue neons in my truck, on the ceiling and under the dash. mine can either be set to pulse with the music or stay on.

i got pulled over for speeding and i had a blue light on my dash that wasnt on and the cop asked me what it was so i told him and he said that they were ok to have, you just are not suppose to have them on when u are driving only for show.

me i have 4 20inch black lights and 2 15inch purple neons and i got pulled over because the cops said my muffler was to loud and i had all the light flashing to the music they even serched my car and said nothing about the lights.

Originally posted by brian i was just wondering, what is the law on flashing neon lights in a vehicle. can a cop pull you over for having them? i have allready had the police follow me, but not pull me over. i have 4 15" blue neons in my truck, on the ceiling and under the dash. mine can either be set to pulse with the music or stay on.
Your not supposed to have blue lights in the truck at all especially not the blinking ones b/c it is kind of like impersonating an officer.

i have 6 blue light in my blazer and i got pulled over and the cop said you can have but you should be able to see the light outside the car or truck just the blue from the light not the light itsself

You could have a billion 20in neons in, on and around your car but two things will remain constant. 1) You CAN NOT have red or blue lights on while driving. 2) Laws differ from state to state and county to county. Just go up to one of your local officers and ask them what the law is. I did that and i found out that it is illegal to have any neons on while driving in the state of IL, but the officers don't enforce the law unless they have red or blue lights or the vehicle has strobe lights.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Here in FL, you can have sorta have blue lights, it is more of a turqoise though. I've had my neons pulsing to the music and passed by officers and have never been pulled over. But, for the outside of the car, it must be turqoise. You can have no true blue.

I have three 15" blue neons, and 2 black inside my car....the black lights don't really emit any light, so u can do whatever you want with those. As far as blues go, I've only heard you cannot have them...not 100% sure why, but i guess you can't. I still run mine while I'm driving and i've never been pulled over (I've gone past a ton of cops w/ them too). I live in Michigan, and it's "illegal" to have them on while driving, but unless you run into a tightass cop, you should be fine. I just never let mine flash cuz that'll bring too much attention, and my buddy was pulled over when his were flashing cuz the cop said they were a distraction. The cop even said if they were just on a constant glow, he wouldn't have done anything. Either way, a toggle switch so u can kill the lights is a good idea.

The in Florida prohibits the use of Blue, Red, & Amber (yes AMBER/YELLOW)

The reason is because these lights resemble Emergency Vehicle lights. So you catch some 80 year old lady that cant even see over the dash, and has no buisness on the road past dark anywayz, they dont want her trying to kill herself to get to the side of the road just because she thinks she saw piggy lights. Purple, white, green, pink, and black is o.k. though.

I got stopped for green lights one time and was like WTF? So i went to the county's website and downlaoded the Fl statue number on it to throw it back int he cops face next time he stops me. So i let you know next time i get pulled over if he says screw it, Kicks my lights out and tickets it for me, or even worst, plant drugs lol later yall

i have an aiwa cd player that when i turn volume, the purple light blinks, is there a way that i can set it so it blinks with the music?

sometimes my headlights dim when the bass pounds, most of the cops in my town know me, so i dont really have a problem except with the county cops and the state patrol :|

state patrol dont really bother anyone unless they speeding or doing something that could be classified as reckless driving.

county cops are a**holes. they pull you over for anything. in the winter i pulled my handbrake to park by the curb in front of my friends house because there was a lot of snow on the roads, so you slide. he was down the street, i got out of my car and he pulls up and starts *****in at me :|

no one was around either, no cars, no people, no one. they just itch to bust you.

anyway, back to the topic. i know a guy with 2 green neons in his car, one in the back and one in the front. cops dont bother him at all.

Qball

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

brian

10+ year member
brian
toledo, ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from