overall I've been disappointed

well you are with only entry level subs with a box build for sound quality. Try doing a 4th order bandpass if you have the room, or do a ported box facing the cabin and completely sealing off the trunk. Take some advice from buck, his boxes are off the hook in loudness. The only time i would do a sealed box is if i was too lazy to build and design my own box, didnt care about output, or if wanted to save money.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

some deadening might help too

guys I assure you that I have the gains set correctly, the subs are facing away from the cabin because I understand the cancellation issue if they're flipped around. Everything is done correctly, it just doesn't impress me. The subs are wired correctly. They are dual 2 ohms and the coils are in series for 4ohms, but each sub is paralleled for a final 2 ohm load on the amp.

My next course of action is to build a couple of 4th orders. I've been thinking about it for a while and now is the time because this setup right now ain't doing it for me.

You can get decent output with great bandwith with 2-15's sealed with 1k , but it is dependant on the subwoofers you use, AT's listed T/S parameters on there website lists the strato 15 d2's EBP would be around 80 and a QTS of .4 , that would be better suited for a ported enclosure

You can get decent output with great bandwith with 2-15's sealed with 1k , but it is dependant on the subwoofers you use, AT's listed T/S parameters on there website lists the strato 15 d2's EBP would be around 80 and a QTS of .4 , that would be better suited for a ported enclosure
the ts parameters on their website is wrong. I was told by cthedinger that the strato 12d2 parameters are actually for the 15d2's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.