Orion P Series?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Anonymous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have 4 15's powered by 2 Viper 1200's. What would be a good size ported box and a good tuning freq for these subs? Because i had a box built i do not know what it is tuned to(the ssf on amps is 47hz)and i lost my low end. But before i had them in a sealed box and the lows were awesome so is the box tuned to high or do these subs just work better sealed. So i want to know if anybody has any suggestions because i want the extra output of ported but i also want the awesome lows i get from sealed.

Does it matter that i do not know what the box is tuned to or can i just turn the ssf down because i do not want to damage the subs. I had the box built by a shop around here and they can not tell me what it is tuned to. Pretty much i just want to know if it matters what my box is tuned to before i go and drop the ssf and cause damage to my subs

Box tuning definitely plays a role in how low the speakers will play without bottoming out. I hate to say it, but if the audio shop can't tell you what the box is tuned to and they were the ones that set the ssf @ 47 Hz then they shouldn't be touching anything that is car audio related.

well tell us the measurements of the box and port and im sure someone will be able to help you out on here sooner than the installer

Alright i have the box measurements so somebody please help.

Box w/o Port: 17"H x 40.25"W x 34" L

Port: 6" W x 32.5"L x 16.25" Deep

The subs are up firing so when i say width i mean from driver side to passenger. And when i say Length i mean from the backseats to the hatch

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.