orion hcca worth the hype?

thatguy12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
is the orion hcca worth it. im almost finsihed with a fresh build when all of a sudden the subwoofer ive always wanted appears on craigslist for decent price. there very rare in my area. in peoples general opinion would it be worth to pick up a hcca 15.2 and put the soundowns in storage for awhile? ive heard wonderful things about this sub but also heard some negative (coils get hot so cant play to long) all in all are they a good buy if your not paying retail?

the motor is actually filled with air, the coils do get hot, ive never been impressed with them.
ive heard the exact same thing along with manyt people not firing them up and down then being out of the cost of a recone kit, but also heard many good things. leaning torwards just sticking with the sa 12s but damm does the hcca look like a beast, thanks for input just keep second guessing myself.

ive heard the exact same thing along with manyt people not firing them up and down then being out of the cost of a recone kit, but also heard many good things. leaning torwards just sticking with the sa 12s but damm does the hcca look like a beast, thanks for input just keep second guessing myself.
nice to see your local. if its a 10" hcca from a guy near you in brooklyn, dont buy it, the surrround is shredded. i was though the hcca was a powerful sub until reading into them.

I have a pair of hcca 12s.. they were very impressive in 3.5 net tuned to 35hz. Had outstanding low end extension and got pretty **** loud.

nice to see your local. if its a 10" hcca from a guy near you in brooklyn, dont buy it, the surrround is shredded. i was though the hcca was a powerful sub until reading into them.
I don't need name but do you know if the guy who's selling all that higher end subs, amps, (Hcca,dc,knu knoncepts, re, etc) is legit. Havnt got anything off craigslist yet, makes me nervous. it says the location is marshfeild. Everyone on these forums seems to know each other

Idk but, I was trading a guy my coaxial a for a 10 hcca and thankfully he shipped first. I got it and smelled coil as soon as I cut the tape. I pull it out, I can't even push it down with my hand, it was completely seized. His response "it worked when I had it, I'm not shipping anymore, they mess stuff up." Lol

Long story short, I'm not too sure about them.. If he can't tell the difference between a good hcca and a blown one, maybe they're not that great to start out with.. Lol

I have two 15.2 hcca on a xxx6500 and they get loww guess its the people that have them I have no problem out of mine at all

I don't need name but do you know if the guy who's selling all that higher end subs, amps, (Hcca,dc,knu knoncepts, re, etc) is legit. Havnt got anything off craigslist yet, makes me nervous. it says the location is marshfeild. Everyone on these forums seems to know each other
I was wondering the same thing about that guy. All you can really do is go there and test/check it all out. Not too much to worry about when buying off craigslist IMO as long as you know what to look as far as problems/abuse etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.