ORION HCCA SERIES vs. ALPINE TYPE X SERIES

drakeTHErake
10+ year member

orion hcca series, 15 inch sub, 25001 amp, hcca65 components. vs. alpine type x series, swx 1243d sub, mrx m240 amp, spx 17pro components. i already know that the orions will destroy the alpines in loudness and power but the alpines whoop the orions in clarity and sound quality, but which one is best overall?

I've seen some type-x put up decent trunk numbers for daily setup. I agree the HCCA will have more output, but they will sound like chit.

true greek but i really need to know if the orions have good sound quality of if they are all about the loudness n power? and i already know the alpines are clear as ever but can they put out a decent amount of power? and yes i know the orions are more powerful but if they are just loud n sound bad and if the alpines sound a lot better and have decent power then i might go with alpine.

The Orion's sq is pretty bad. I'm running a pair of 12's ATM. They are very loud and get real low. But if you want sq then look further.

You should get the Type X's, then send them to SPLaudio to upgrade them, heard he can turn them into SQL beasts. I have a 10 inch Type X in my girlfriends truck and it sounds great. Have not heard the HCCA's so can't tell you my opinion, but the general consensus i've gleaned from this forum is that they get stupid loud and low, and sound okay doing it. At least thats my interpretation

It's a hard choice, cuz if the sound quality isn't too noticeable between the 2 then ill prob go with the Orion because they r soo much more powerful, but if they really do sound like ish then alpine for sure.

They don't sound like sh/t at all IMO. They just don't sound amazing. But then again I'm more of a "loud" guy so the lack of SQ doesn't bother me.

There alot to figuring out sound quality s/n 110 is better on the amps and head unit hcca amps are very clean but if you have a half *** deck it will not matter i love the alpine decks upper end with orion amps. Then the speaker specs. But i been building them since 1990 when i was a kid. Now there's so much more out there its harder to keep up with whats what.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.