Orion 2500d or Hifonics BRX 3016

Neither. Both of those amps are garbage in your budget of $400 you can get a better amp. If used even better
Feel free to give your input on where you can find a better amp than a Orion 2500d that is .5 ohm stable for the price? Don't worry, ill wait //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Hifonics is trash and will probably do about 1/2 the power but the Orion can put out a full 2500+ at 11.8v.

Oh yeah, American Bass...lmao. There is a reason why those amps sell for $200-400 brand new versus a used Orion which is several years old and still sells for $350+ til this day.

I wished my two vfl 4480.1 actually performed like that. Got jack sh*t for any output in direct swaps with other amps.
I got the first run of them and they still perform very nicely..Never had any problems out of mine..They like to be fed though..I was moving a side panel on a van two lanes over in traffic:santa:

Feel free to give your input on where you can find a better amp than a Orion 2500d that is .5 ohm stable for the price? Don't worry, ill wait //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Hifonics is trash and will probably do about 1/2 the power but the Orion can put out a full 2500+ at 11.8v.
Oh yeah, American Bass...lmao. There is a reason why those amps sell for $200-400 brand new versus a used Orion which is several years old and still sells for $350+ til this day.
Ever since dei bought Orion they not been very good amps. They rate at max ratings and they only do half rated power if that. And not vet efficient. Just like the hifonics. I'd choose the Orion over the hifonics. But that's it

[quote name='mrfr3sh2def']Feel free to give your input on where you can find a better amp than a Orion 2500d that is .5 ohm stable for the price? Don't worry, ill wait :). Hifonics is trash and will probably do about 1/2 the power but the Orion can put out a full 2500+ at 11.8v.

Oh yeah, American Bass...lmao. There is a reason why those amps sell for $200-400 brand new versus a used Orion which is several years old and still sells for $350+ til this day.[/QUOTE]
@Dmac1991 can tell you how chitty my 4480.1s are:laugh:

Ever since dei bought Orion they not been very good amps. They rate at max ratings and they only do half rated power if that. And not vet efficient. Just like the hifonics. I'd choose the Orion over the hifonics. But that's it
The Orion 2500d is the older model from before they were bought out (the chrome model *cheater amps*). Back when Orion had some of the best amps and very high quality internals. I agree with you though, the new Orion lineup is TRASH!

I got the first run of them and they still perform very nicely..Never had any problems out of mine..They like to be fed though..I was moving a side panel on a van two lanes over in traffic:santa:
I had a 180 amp singer alt two kinetik hc 1800s in the back big 3 and everything, 1/0 ofc power and ground too. Completely fed. Output was minimal even with the gain up to 4 o clock position. Vs my bxi 1610.1 D that got way louder even at 11 o clock position. Only variable was the amp swap. Cant just sweep issues like this under the rug man. People on CACO complain about this same problem and issues with these amps. I know it worked well for you but you could seriously be wasting people's money recommending them an amp that has a chance of being complete and utter garbage depending on its production line.

Hell...My Autotek BTS 7300s and 7150s are monsters @ 2ohms mono..even my Autotek White Mean Machine 99s.Some of the best amps Ive ever owned to date, and still do:yumyum:

I had a 180 amp singer alt two kinetik hc 1800s in the back big 3 and everything, 1/0 ofc power and ground too. Completely fed. Output was minimal even with the gain up to 4 o clock position. Vs my bxi 1610.1 D that got way louder even at 11 o clock position. Only variable was the amp swap. Cant just sweep issues like this under the rug man. People on CACO complain about this same problem and issues with these amps. I know it worked well for you but you could seriously be wasting people's money recommending them an amp that has a chance of being complete and utter garbage depending on its production line.
I recommend this amp because ones I have are working great and Ive had excellent results from them,and still perform nicely.Im not sweeping anything under any rugs man..Im stating from my experiencing with the AB amps Ive gotten run and have ran ,have been great.As far as production line goes?Any maker/builder these days due to mass production cant be 100% quality all the time? Its a hit or miss for all within the market?Im not trying to be an azz,..just honest

I like my 15+ year old Autoteks more than anything..They just needed some rest and these fitted the bill,and worked excellent,and still do

I mean.. is there really any quality control within mass production these days??With anything of 100% any more?One mm of a robotic soldering welder can mess a whole line up, and caught later and by that time boxed up and already shipped out?

Audiobaun's VFL 4480's are nasty Jeff

trust me, if you sat in his truck, you'd be shitting bricks. His version of the amps is legit.

QC may have gone down over the years, but Will's run of the 4480s is stout. He was following me (IN THE RAIN might I add) and was moving my rear view mirror from a car behind.

There's few other amps with issues of literally zero output issues like these vfl 4480.1 amps. Even hifonics, audiopipe and shark has steady power performance across the board vs these where its a complete hit or miss. I dont care how good yours is. I care about if others will get fked by these unpredictable amps or not. Like me and a lot of other people that bought them based on this forum's nuthuggery of them. Absolutely worst new amp purchase decision i ever made.

Audiobaun's VFL 4480's are nasty Jeff
trust me, if you sat in his truck, you'd be shitting bricks. His version of the amps is legit.

QC may have gone down over the years, but Will's run of the 4480s is stout. He was following me (IN THE RAIN might I add) and was moving my rear view mirror from a car behind.
Thanks man..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif..Ill have a wall this time next year with 4..one on ea sub..LOL..should hit a 150 easily..I wasnt even tuned that day to be honest..lol

[quote name='Jeffdachef']There's few other amps with issues of literally zero output issues like these vfl 4480.1 amps. Even hifonics, audiopipe and shark has steady power performance across the board vs these where its a complete hit or miss. I dont care how good yours is. I care about if others will get fked by these unpredictable amps or not. Like me and a lot of other people that bought them based on this forum's nuthuggery of them. Absolutely worst new amp purchase decision i ever made.[/QUOTE]

Ive never had a bad one..Ill continue to buy AB amps and subs if I need a newer amp or sub..I have had excellent experiences through Jim @mylows10..Ill stand behind my experiences with AB.To each theyre own

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.