Orion 2500d or Hifonics BRX 3016

DaytonLax14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
What would you choose to power 2 SA-12s wired to 2 ohms? I have the opportunity to buy the Orion for 400 or the Hifonics from sonic for 375. I like that the hifonics has the bass knob and apparently does more power. But what are your thoughts? Thanks fior the help

[quote name='audiobaun']I have had excellent results with my American Bass VFL 4480.1d on a pair of my XFL 12s..Id get with Jim @mylows10..That should beat those SAs pretty nice for the money[/QUOTE]
Only 300 from sonic, seems too good to be true...?? Doesn't say what power it puts out at 2 ohms. Do you know?
[quote name='mylows10']Neither. Both of those amps are garbage in your budget of $400 you can get a better amp. If used even better[/QUOTE]
What would you recommend for under 400?

Only 300 from sonic, seems too good to be true...??
What would you recommend for under 400?
You feed that amp the correct supply it needs,and she will perform very nicely..You should have some head room with that amp for those subs.It will and has banged the dogg snott out of my pair of xfl 12s,and SQbed HDS310s..1/2 ohm stable too with the right electrical

You feed that amp the correct supply it needs,and she will perform very nicely..You should have some head room with that amp for those subs.It will and has banged the dogg snott out of my pair of xfl 12s,and SQbed HDS310s..1/2 ohm stable too with the right electrical
Gotcha, good to know. I went ahead and pmed Jim. Stupid question, but do you know what that amp puts out at 2 ohms?

AB 4480.1 d- I have never clamped any of mine(4) but with two in my truck on 4 xfl 12s, she was pretty damned nasty.I plannig/building a wall for the 12s now and placing one amp per sub@2 ohms ea,or I may strap two per set..Havent made my mind up yet on that

Gotcha, good to know. I went ahead and pmed Jim. Stupid question, but do you know what that amp puts out at 2 ohms?
Not sure but I have ran a single xfl 12 DVC 4 ohm @2 ohms in 2.6@34 htz and didnt get to 1'oclock position on gain and was slamming pretty **** hard.It should have no problem slamming those SAs at all.

What vehicle you putting in?
It's going in a single cab 2002 f150. Thanks for all of the help and information. Looks like I'll go ahead and upgrade my power and ground to 0/1 gauge and do the big three. Hopefully this battery can handle it. If not I'll look into an AGM battery....I'd prefer to not have to fork out the money for an HO alternator

I pmed Jim so just waiting to see what he says. Is he a dealer or something?

Little beast..even the 26801d is a little monster..Neighbor placed a DVC4 XFL 12 in his truck(06 chevy xcab) @2ohms last week as we were playing with subs all day and she was slamming it at 1'ocklock position..He runs a pair of XFL 10s off of that amp @1 ohm(1-2'oclock ),and at times an AudioTecnix 12 @2 ohms(11-12'oClock)

It's going in a single cab 2002 f150. Thanks for all of the help and information. Looks like I'll go ahead and upgrade my power and ground to 0/1 gauge and do the big three. Hopefully this battery can handle it. If not I'll look into an AGM battery....I'd prefer to not have to fork out the money for an HO alternator

Yes he is,and Ive had excellent dealings with him,trades and buying AB gear..You will need big 3 done and two good agm batteries to get that amp to really shell out some power/safe on your electrical with a stock alt..Hopefully its at least a 140 amp alt 0 ga wiring for supply.The neighbor has a stock 140 amp alt with one Orileys Super Start agm group 78 battery, big 3, and 0 ga supply to a distro for the 26801d,and the 150/4 and it barely flickers at idle on those two amps, but at 1200 rpm shes ok/does fine..4480.1 and a mids and highs amp of say 200 rms you will need that extra agm battery to be fairly solid in my opinion/experiencing..From distro to 4480.1, a short run of 4 ga of 12" or less is best fused at 120 amp

That amp is small enough it should fit just fine on the back fire wall for seat clearance

Not sure but I have ran a single xfl 12 DVC 4 ohm @2 ohms in 2.6@34 htz and didnt get to 1'oclock position on gain and was slamming pretty **** hard.It should have no problem slamming those SAs at all.
I wished my two vfl 4480.1 actually performed like that. Got jack sh*t for any output in direct swaps with other amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.