Ordering New Stuff This Week Need Help Choosing SUBS

NYTROOPA
10+ year member

I'm Ordering new stuff for my ride this week......I need help deciding on a subwoofer I have an SUV so i have lot's of room and air to move. I don't have a dealer near me where i can listen to products.

I've already ordered the amplifiers and need some info on ither thingz i should get:

I got a JBL P80.4 ($169 bsless.com) to power:

Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.1 (5 1/4) components

Can somebody suggest a component set that can be about as good as the infinity's ($285 online) for a cheaper price? If not i'll just get these.

I got a JBL BP1200.1 And i was going to power 3 10's but now I want two 12's and I've narrowed it down to these:

I want alot of SPL but also I want SQ (i hope the kappa perfects will help balance lower sq from the subs)

Punch Hx2's ($139 carstereoexpo.com) I know these will hit hard, and the SQ isn't terrible

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 ($165 discountsjungle.com) leanin toward these, but do they hit hard I know their SQ has to be good.

Alpine Type R (dvc) ($123 discountsjungle.com) Never heard em but price is good

Kicker L712 ($199 discountsjungle.com) I will buy these if they pound HARD

Audiobahn 1205x ($195 competitionsound.com) are these good?

Polk momo12 ($209 cbrstereo.com) about as much as i'll pay

Please help, I plan on buyin the rest within the next two or three days.

The Infinity Perfects would be my #1 choice for subs. Rich in SQ and SPL. Polk Momo or Alpine type R would be my second choice. The only problem with the Polk Momo's is that you are paying for the name more than you are paying for a quality sub. They're awesome speakers but they aren't any better than the Perfects. For components I'd say the infinity's are still the best choice. If you're looking for a good components that are cheaper then check out Polk (the higher end components), or MB Quart. I had a pair of the Polks (I can't remember the model number but they were the ones with a purple tweeter) and they were the best sounding components on the shelf for under $350 (retail). Once I installed them I was more than satisfied with their sound.

i'd recommend the type r's and the fosgates. for components, go to sound domain and check out their crystal mobilesound components... great deals. also mb quart puts out a great set of speakers as well.

Check out Kaption.ca. They are a canadian company making big noise in the industry they offer a pro series for sound Q and also an spl series. Very affordable and reliable, I have four 15" spls in a yukon and i compete in iasca. They are tight sounding in competition and brain shakking on the streets. Buy a good quality eq right away and youll be surprised at how much better your system will sound. KAPTION AUDIO

BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK FOR SHEEZY!

I made a long journey to a store where i could listen to the type R's and the infinity's.

Subwoofer Wise it was very close but overall, I liked the type R's....but i was surprised when i listened to the components.......to me the Alpine SPR-136a sounded better than the Kappa Perfect 5.1.

So here's the final setup as all(almost.....in a couple months i'll order another set of components)

HU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P740MP

Front: Alpine SPR-136A 5 1/4 components

Rear: Stock 6x8(to be replaced with component set)

Subs: 2 12" Alpine Type R DVC

Amps: JBL 80.4(fronts) JBL 1200.1(Subs)

Still to come: Rear and kick components, Pioneer in dash CD Changer and crossover.

I am now infected with the car audio sickness. I also plan on taking my first crack at making the box and doing all the wiring.

Wish me Luck......lololol

Sounds good to me. I admire a person who chooses to do the wiring and box building theirselves. Just make sure to be carefull while wiring and follow the wiring diagram. While building the box make sure to take precise measurements.

Good Luck,

RM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.