Ordered Clarion 6.95 inch dvd player

i have not personaly installed one of these units, but i have seen the new line of clarion DVD products and they seem nice to me. lots of cool features. i think the only shortcoming is the fact that the built in crossovers are not extremely flexible. but should be fine for any multimedia system a person is likely to setup. besides most amps have crossovers too so this should not be much of a problem. what vehicle are you installing it into? i am also looking at Clarion's DVD products, and i am interested in the VRX785BT. let us know how the transaction goes with Sonic, their prices are great and because i live north of the border it gives them the business advantage (they ship to Canada!).

joe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have a 2008 Tundra. Check my gallery. Sonic has a couple of safety features when you purchase a large $ amount. The first thing is that they ask you to answer 3 questions that only yo can know. Its thru a 3rd party service. Then they call your visa card to make sure! They had to call me on the 2nd day after ordering to get the 1 800 # for the visa to confirm! They said there is a lot of theft and they take extra precautions.

wow, that's cool. thanks. let us know when you get it, and what it is like after it's installed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

joe

Sure! I'll take some pics and post them in my gallery. Hopefully I will have time to install it next weekend! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

It is a great looking DVD player and very clear picture. I did have to turn my gains up on my amps because of the amount of voltage this deck puts out. If you amp(s) are already taxed then you should get a 5 volt output dvd player like the Kenwood 812. The BT works but you need to buy the external microphone so your listeners can here you better. The built in mic allows too much echoing (like all others).

Any other specific questions?

^I got this unit also and i'm having trouble getting it to play divx files. It always says not supported when I burn one....any way you can help me out? I know i'm burning them right cuz i have a divx player in my house and they work fine on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.