Optima blue or yellow top for audio? Which color??

swollen_cu
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am adding this as a second battery in the trunk, and undecided on the BLUE or YELLOW top optima battery. Which color optima would be best suited for car audio system and a brief description why would be appreciated. Already have upgraded electrical. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

The yellow optima is specifically for car audio. The cranking amps is 750 but all are underated. IT should be around 850 to 900 cca. Mine i have had it tested and its cold cranking amps is 1126 So i have left my system on for almost 9 hours without the truck running and i went to start it and did not hesitate one bit.

blue and yellow optima batteries are the same except for the post. taken from optima's website;

The difference between BlueTop and YellowTop deep cycle batteries is that BlueTop batteries have both automotive (SAE) posts and threaded posts, while YellowTops (other than D31T) only have SAE posts.

Any more suggestions? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.