Opnions on box for AQ

I mean just as a general question. Or how much others have powered them with. I actually think I'm going to use 600w a piece because it's cheaper for me to build a bigger box than to buy more power, even though I sacrifice room.
I'm thinking right now 8.5 cubes tuned to ~36hz. If you think there is something that would be better, tell me. I listen solely to rap and nothing else. This will be a daily driver, so I will take a little more SQ than a little more SPL. Thanks for your advice man. I greatly appreciate it.
I think you'd be very happy with that size/tune and run em off an AQ 1200D...

or a 2200 and some common sense //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ...
and a DMM. But I don't know if I can afford a 2200D right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ive had SDC's as long as anyone Ive seen on this board, in TONS of variations. My wall is the loudest Ive had yet, Im giving them close to if not more than 1000rms for over a year now.

When I had just 2, they LOVED 10.5 net, huge port, tuned to 40.

Dont tune em under 38, it gains you nothing, they really do sound great tuned high.

You can give these things power though, when I had 2, I gave them 1200ish a piece no problem, and like I said Ive had them for 2 years now, they like it.

Try to stay away form any chopped and screwed 20hz ******** music though, they aint lovin that

Ive had SDC's as long as anyone Ive seen on this board, in TONS of variations. My wall is the loudest Ive had yet, Im giving them close to if not more than 1000rms for over a year now.
When I had just 2, they LOVED 10.5 net, huge port, tuned to 40.

Dont tune em under 38, it gains you nothing, they really do sound great tuned high.

You can give these things power though, when I had 2, I gave them 1200ish a piece no problem, and like I said Ive had them for 2 years now, they like it.

Try to stay away form any chopped and screwed 20hz ******** music though, they aint lovin that
Have you tuned them under 38 hz? If so, what were they tuned at?

I've tuned HDC's/DD's at 35-36Hz and they will hit very hard on the lows, otherwise 38Hz works very well as 99% of the builds I do are tuned to that.

My current wall is tuned to 36Hz with 4 15" HDC's. It still peaks in the lower 40's, but I play stuff full tilt that drops to 30Hz with no problems...

I've tuned HDC's/DD's at 35-36Hz and they will hit very hard on the lows, otherwise 38Hz works very well as 99% of the builds I do are tuned to that.
My current wall is tuned to 36Hz with 4 15" HDC's. It still peaks in the lower 40's, but I play stuff full tilt that drops to 30Hz with no problems...
With you saying that, could I tune sdc's to 38 and have them drop to 30 hz?

I've got a pair in about 8.1ft^3 @ 38Hz. Got both the sdc2.5 15's on a AQ1200D with bone stock electrical (no big 3 at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif). I was surprised how loud these things get given my circumstances. I would say they get close to mid 140's (well idk...maybe at least 140-142) on music.

With the 38Hz tuning they crush anything down to 32Hz. They still play 29-31Hz, but from 32-39Hz they destroy.

When someones talks about having a groundpounder I think of anything that would annihilate 30Hz and below. Not sure if that's what you mean, but that's just what I think.

But yea, with only 1200w going to both of these (it's probably even way less since my electrical is weak) these things are great. They can definitely do way better with a larger amp and better electrical.

Love these subs.

how low you can go as far as low subfrequencies depends on the box size and the tuning. bigger the box and 38 hz tuning the lower it will be able to go. BUCK your HDC318 is in good hands..its about to get 3k+ within a month. and as far as amp goes...you could get an AP1800D for 189 shipped...1800 @1ohm.

With you saying that, could I tune sdc's to 38 and have them drop to 30 hz?
yes they will play down to 30Hz, but if you really want to kill the lower end then do 9cubes and tune to 36Hz. That would be more suited to the type of music you listen to...

I've got a pair in about 8.1ft^3 @ 38Hz. Got both the sdc2.5 15's on a AQ1200D with bone stock electrical (no big 3 at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif). I was surprised how loud these things get given my circumstances. I would say they get close to mid 140's (well idk...maybe at least 140-142) on music.
With the 38Hz tuning they crush anything down to 32Hz. They still play 29-31Hz, but from 32-39Hz they destroy.

When someones talks about having a groundpounder I think of anything that would annihilate 30Hz and below. Not sure if that's what you mean, but that's just what I think.

But yea, with only 1200w going to both of these (it's probably even way less since my electrical is weak) these things are great. They can definitely do way better with a larger amp and better electrical.

Love these subs.
Are you talking about hdcs.

how low you can go as far as low subfrequencies depends on the box size and the tuning. bigger the box and 38 hz tuning the lower it will be able to go. BUCK your HDC318 is in good hands..its about to get 3k+ within a month. and as far as amp goes...you could get an AP1800D for 189 shipped...1800 @1ohm.
Thanks I realize these things it's just I'm double checking before I make any permanent plans.

You better be ****ing loud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yes they will play down to 30Hz, but if you really want to kill the lower end then do 9cubes and tune to 36Hz. That would be more suited to the type of music you listen to...
Thank you sir.

wow how many ****in threads do u make on subs buck? (srs)
This is a car audio forum, correct?

I keep coming up with questions. I have OCD real bad.

I'm not sure which I would be better off with. Bigger box with less power or more power with smaller box. The bigger box is going to cost me less.

im at 145.4 right now buck...that was with the PA A3000db....and found out my box was leaking...so next is more power and sealing off the whole box and resin inside....hoping for 150 on music...3k on an 18 in a CRX i believe its possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.