Opinions welcome

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rich B
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm looking for an amp to power a single Kappa Perfect 10.1 (4ohms) in a sealed box (.7 cu ft).

Something between 400w and 600w is about right.

For the longest time I have been looking at used Alpine MRD-605's, mainly because of the digital readouts of voltage and the DSP filters they have.

Recently I'm also considering Pioneer PRS amps because they have the power output thats just about perfect.

Unfortunately both are becoming hard to find within a budget that has shrunk since my wife lost her job.

Are there any other respectable brands (no Audiopipe momentary bon'ers) that will substitute?

I've had my eyes on that JBL, it would be perfect in size and capabilities.

Its even on sale at Sonic Electronics for $179, but I doubt it will still be on sale by the time I can afford it.

Oh well, thanks for the lookout.

Everything else I will be running is old school, that doesnt bother me.
I have several old school amps,that one may be of interest? Pm me your# and I can send picks of some goodies that may be of interest to you sir

Everything else I will be running is old school, that doesnt bother me.
Just a FYI I don't know if you have done any deals with him or not, but audiobaun is a good guy to buy from. I've gotten a few things from him. Fast shipper and his communication is superb.

Just a FYI I don't know if you have done any deals with him or not, but audiobaun is a good guy to buy from. I've gotten a few things from him. Fast shipper and his communication is superb.
I try man..I appreciate it sir!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

bought one of those from a friend in desperate need of cash... hel of an amp i'd bet it does a little over rated power too but not positive. he had it one month or 2 and i got it for $80... very very clean sounding amp also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.