Opinions wanted

Participant count
  • Participant list

captaincheesey
10+ year member

Change is Inevitable
Ok car audio enthusiasts. It's getting to be that time again, the weather is chilly, leaves are falling off the trees if they haven't already done so, and Christmas is quickly approaching. And that only means one thing for me, mucho dinero. So here is the million dollar question for my next setup, what subwoofers to pick for it.

Here is what's happening with everything else. Most of the equipment I have is in my sig...I think. I am debating between picking up a new amp, which the choices are quite wide, or getting my 3250.1 fixed by db-r. So power wise for the substage we are looking at between 3k and 5k RMS is what I am going to be aiming for. Charging system will include a 225 HO alt, at least 2 runs of power and ground from the front battery to the back, red top up front, kinetik 2400 (x2?) or a 2400 and 1400 in the back. Keeping the zapco amp for mids and highs, thinking about ditching the zapco mids, getting hybrid audio legatia 3-way setup with the 6.5, L1 tweet, and the L4 mid which I would have to either build a pod for it, or find a way to mount it somewhere. Otherwise I am just going to stay passive with a legatia 2-way setup. Gonna be buying a shitton of damplifier pro, and some of the luxery liner for doors, ceiling, and floorboards.

Big question still is what subs to run. I was thinking Cascade Omegas, trying to find some RE XXX 12s, DC LVL4XLs or LVL5s, Nightshades, etc. Let me know what you think would be good. The box is going to be firing directly into the cabin with the trunk sealed off, and aeros porting through the 6x9 holes in the rear deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.