Opinions on which FI sub is best for my application please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Robertvon
10+ year member

Ok heres my question I have a s10 single cab truck and currently Im building my system for it

and I have 2 mtx thunder elite 1501D's and Im wanting a bandpass blowthrough enclosure to sit in the bed and blow into the cab but if theres a better way Im open to sugestions on that too...but my main question is which one's to get a pair of SP4 15 or BL 12 I would like to have some quality sound with hard low end....I know to have alot of one you have to sacrifice the other but Im good with a even middle ...... will my amps power the SP4'S enough...Im open ears to anyones opinions or sugestions ...Thanks Robert

Ok heres my question I have a s10 single cab truck and currently Im building my system for it and I have 2 mtx thunder elite 1501D's and Im wanting a bandpass blowthrough enclosure to sit in the bed and blow into the cab but if theres a better way Im open to sugestions on that too...but my main question is which one's to get a pair of SP4 15 or BL 12 I would like to have some quality sound with hard low end....I know to have alot of one you have to sacrifice the other but Im good with a even middle ...... will my amps power the SP4'S enough...Im open ears to anyones opinions or sugestions ...Thanks Robert
Does Fi have a website?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Ok heres my question I have a s10 single cab truck and currently Im building my system for it and I have 2 mtx thunder elite 1501D's and Im wanting a bandpass blowthrough enclosure to sit in the bed and blow into the cab but if theres a better way Im open to sugestions on that too...but my main question is which one's to get a pair of SP4 15 or BL 12 I would like to have some quality sound with hard low end....I know to have alot of one you have to sacrifice the other but Im good with a even middle ...... will my amps power the SP4'S enough...Im open ears to anyones opinions or sugestions ...Thanks Robert
Does Fi have a website?

I do not know the condition of your truck, but as far as doing a blowthrough, personally, I would look into doing a color matched fiberglass camper shell type of build. Remove the rear window and the actual box can be big enough to fill the whole bed, or whatever.. and then the only thing keeping you from returning the truck to stock condition is putting the rear window back in.

You should weigh in the automatic depreciation of the vehicle when you design your system. If the loss in resale value caused by cutting up the bed and cab significantly outweighs the cost of a used fiberglass camper shell painted to match, then why do it?

If you are wanting to do a Bandpass design, the choice of driver will be decided by the box and required power handling. And with a bandpass design, sq is not determined by the driver anyways. It is strictly determined by the box (port).

Id also second the Q. Load them up with all cooling options, and throw them around 1500w each. I know for a fact you can fit 4 15s in an S10 and get some killer sound.

I do not know the condition of your truck, but as far as doing a blowthrough, personally, I would look into doing a color matched fiberglass camper shell type of build. Remove the rear window and the actual box can be big enough to fill the whole bed, or whatever.. and then the only thing keeping you from returning the truck to stock condition is putting the rear window back in.
You should weigh in the automatic depreciation of the vehicle when you design your system. If the loss in resale value caused by cutting up the bed and cab significantly outweighs the cost of a used fiberglass camper shell painted to match, then why do it?

If you are wanting to do a Bandpass design, the choice of driver will be decided by the box and required power handling. And with a bandpass design, sq is not determined by the driver anyways. It is strictly determined by the box (port).
ps..you can expect a higher impedance rise that is inherent to a bandpass design...just a FYI

I've researched the Fi web site and have read it numerous times but its good to hear real live opinions from other enthusiest
Are you sure it's the right website? Let's check our references here before we make any rash decisions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.