opinions on this sub...

Participant count
  • Participant list

prioracy
10+ year member

i pack da magnums
I was wondering how good these subs are, i was running 3 memphis m3s but i need the space in my trunk so i am deciding to go with 2 10"s right now i'll probably go sealed till i get a new car that will give me a bit more trunk space. here are the subs

http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2678

looks like a good price from the info on the subs, i just need a lil more input, i'll probably get why don't you get a type r, but everyone i know are getting type r's i just wanna be a tad diffrent than the others.

oh and the 2 subs will be running off of a 2500d

Meh, Lightning is nothing special. And for that price, you can do much better. That surround mass is totaly un-needed, as well as the huge magnet. And I doubt it can actually take 1000w RMS.

What are you trying to get here, SPL or SQ?

Meh, Lightning is nothing special. And for that price, you can do much better. That surround mass is totaly un-needed, as well as the huge magnet. And I doubt it can actually take 1000w RMS.
You do realize that the Storm series are built by TC Sounds, and are essentially equal to the Eclipse Ti, correct?

While those are good subwoofers, you would be better off with the newer Storm series, as they switched to a high-roll surround as opposed to that wide roll, which does give the newever version a cone area advantage over that version.

PS: Searching = your friend.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117466&highlight=lightning+audio+storm

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118821&highlight=lightning+audio+storm

yeah i searched, i just thought i would get suggestions, i have a 2500d and was looking for 2 10's that would be able to use the amp to its full potential, i was also looking at the treo ssi since i have a local dealer in town. I'm mainly looking for Sql sub, has to be 10"s i need trunk space.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.