opinions on the older JL Audio Slash amps specifically the 300/4

gentlejax
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a 300/4 on the way to get fixed. got it with a broke channel so I never installed it. I also have a 500/1 which I am happy with so far.

just noticed there is a ton of 300/4 amps on ebay and always are. must have sold a ton of these series amps so I am wondering what people thoughts are on them

just a curiosity thread while I wait for it to get back. then I will decide to sell it or keep it.

Very nice amp line. There are several of the v1 on ebay for $150 or so with shipping. Nice clean power at an affordable price used. What more can you ask for?

The Series v1 had some issues but nothing really to worry about alot of small bugs were fixed in the version 2 series.

Also I believe that the slash series were a brain child of the original Xtant guru who did the M series Xtants if you notice they have alot of simularities in design and cosmetics.

I like these JL amps when I see them cheap I buy them, Hell event he burt out ones fetch some good money on ebay.

Worth getting fixed: YES

Worth Running : YES

Worth Keeping: YES

But knowing you Jax you will get a wild hair and sell it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I think you will be happy with how these amplifiers perform.

I have a friend who runs the jl slash amplifiers in a SQ comp car with ID drivers, OS Alpine Hu and Audiocontrol processing and he swears by them his system is probably one of the best sounding cars I have heard with new age'ish gear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.