opinions on subs.

jc85

I have a question and hope it don't start any problems. I have been into car audio for around 13-14 years now. I always had what you can find in local shops. (Rockford Fosgate, kicker, Alpine, pioneer, etc....) Now my current set up, which is going on 2 years old. Is 2 kicker dcvr in the kicker ported box they come in , Kenwood performance series 1,800 Max Watt amp with a Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio. I'm wanting to upgrade. I'm interested in the psi platform 2 high performance subs. Thinking on either 2 12's or one 15". Like the price and the sound. Now the only experience I have with psi, dc audio, soundstream, skar and others are shows and online videos. Installed a few of these brands. Now I'm looking for a sub that can get me a good db number. So, any advice will be nice. And it's also going into a 2003 Ford focus se. Trunk wall. So when I fold my back seat down, it's sealed off and subs facing front. But, only If I go with 12". And thinking on tuning the box either 28 or 32hz. Thanks for all advice and time.

I have a question and hope it don't start any problems. I have been into car audio for around 13-14 years now. I always had what you can find in local shops. (Rockford Fosgate, kicker, Alpine, pioneer, etc....) Now my current set up, which is going on 2 years old. Is 2 kicker dcvr in the kicker ported box they come in , Kenwood performance series 1,800 Max Watt amp with a Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio. I'm wanting to upgrade. I'm interested in the psi platform 2 high performance subs. Thinking on either 2 12's or one 15". Like the price and the sound. Now the only experience I have with psi, dc audio, soundstream, skar and others are shows and online videos. Installed a few of these brands. Now I'm looking for a sub that can get me a good db number. So, any advice will be nice. And it's also going into a 2003 Ford focus se. Trunk wall. So when I fold my back seat down, it's sealed off and subs facing front. But, only If I go with 12". And thinking on tuning the box either 28 or 32hz. Thanks for all advice and time.
how much power do you want to run ,and what electrical upgrades have you or are you going to do ?

Looking To find a way to get 2 h/o alts on or one of the biggest that I can find. And since this build will probably take a while. I want two 5k amps If I get 2 12" or 7k If I get a 15".

Looking To find a way to get 2 h/o alts on or one of the biggest that I can find. And since this build will probably take a while. I want two 5k amps If I get 2 12" or 7k If I get a 15".
5k per sub = bad enough

7k to one sub = very bad

IF the OP is going to compete, he would be better suited to have all of that excess power on tap as long as he gets sub(s) that can handle all of that power on a burp...

IF the OP is going to compete, he would be better suited to have all of that excess power on tap as long as he gets sub(s) that can handle all of that power on a burp...
I want to compete. By next summer. Psi platform 2 are only 3000 Max. When looking at amps I had the platform 3 on my mind. But, I'm hoping to get some opinions on the brands out there. That majority of the shops don't carry. Something that will be good to compete with.

You won't want to tune that low if numbers are a concern. Also the enclosure you build or have built will make or break the system, especially when chasing numbers.

I prefer higher tuning/big port and then use a port reducer for daily. Have done a ton of cars like that.

I'd do 2 12's and wire to 1ohm for daily and .25 for burps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.