opinions about a system setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
how much power are you runing? If you want more spl there are a few things you can do. adding cone area is one thing, but how big is your box. I am thinking you need 6 cubes total with a pretty big port. 1 ohm stable amp 2400 rms or more power. according to sub specs, 1200 peak per sub. so that is 4800watts peak, I havent delt with Hifonics so I dont know if ther is legit or overrated... I would do a 3k @ 1 ohm amp... and get a custom box designed for high spl..

i havent built my box for the 4 yet. im currently considering having 2 firing forward in a ported box and two firing up in a bandpass. thats why im thinking 2 seperate amps for the two seperate boxes or 12's. the subs are rated at 600 rms and 1200 max. i got 3 of them on a 1200 watt amp now but had to bridge the amp up to 8 ohm to run the three evenly, and it unlocks my back side glasses in my extended cab z71.

im thinking 2 : 1200 watt rms @ 1 ohm hifonics brutus amps. one on each set of 12's
that will be fine if you go that route.

what do you mean 2 fire forward and two in a band pass??? you need to do them all the same. to get best results. Trust me. put them all in a ported box and tune it correctly and you will be better off... Ask RAM_Designs to draw up some plans and he can help you or any other box builder. can too.

Since your adding power and more bass, have you upgraded any electrical or added any sound deadener? Those things can also help you get louder...

You can do something like that with the subs in the same box. Take a look at the build logs section. other people have done this.

I dont have a cap. I havent used a cap, but from what I understand, anything you add in the circuit becomes a load on your alternator. So, if your amps are pulling 200ampers and your batts are getting depleted and you add a cap, your alt has to keep up with all that... I am not sure exactly, but I think that would shorten the life of the alt???

run 1 amplifier, no more than 2400 rms. Ignore all max ratings, they are BS. secondly throw the cap in the garbage, it useless. also if your running a 2400 rms amp, you WILL need power upgrades, preferably an HO alternator on an extra battery or 2 and 0 gauge wire to amps.

Put all subs in 1 box ported around 5 cubes as specs say max ported box is 1.25 per sub so 5 cubes for 4 subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.