Opinion on Interfire Component set

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah but those interfire are 175 rms where those pg are only 75 watts my amp is 150.4 rms so i need something that can handle at least 150. A component set for 50 bucks that can handly 175 rms something is wrong ha ha

anymore opinions on them? 175 rms comps for fifty bucks? worth buying and checking out?

all four of my momo tweeters blew and need a quick fix dont want to shell out 400 bucks for two new sets of comps.

Unless you like your ears bleeding, your speakers will never, ever see anything near the actual RMS capability of your amp while listening to music. Combine that wit hte fact that RMS is a continuous state and music is transient in nature and you will see that your amp can be rated for way more than you speakers and not pose a problem provided that you set gains correctly and aren't an idiot with the volume knob.

How did you blow tweeters....with the crossovers? I don't get it, and especially Polks tweeters. Did you reverse wiring or something? Hook them up directly to your alternator...etc.???

And no, I highly doubt that 175RMS component set going for 50 bucks, no matter what brand it is, will be ok. 175 RMS exceeds some 10" and 12" cheap subs.

Cheapest ok quality components I would spend money on are the Phoenix Gold ZR 6.5". I'd say find some cheap decent tweeters and learn how to tune and listen to music correctly for the next set.

Find the specs on your Polk tweeters, and buy a set you will have a bit harder time blowing up. It's your money.

all four of my momo tweeters blew and need a quick fix dont want to shell out 400 bucks for two new sets of comps.
And your mids are fine? You did something wrong. Badly. From reading up on those tweeters, they seem fairly indestructible, good job.

Anyways, you can buy tweeters separately and not have to spend 400$ (which is not what a new set of MOMO's go for anyways, more like 300 shipped) on a new set.

And your mids are fine? You did something wrong. Badly. From reading up on those tweeters, they seem fairly indestructible, good job.
Anyways, you can buy tweeters separately and not have to spend 400$ (which is not what a new set of MOMO's go for anyways, more like 300 shipped) on a new set.
well im looking to replace both sets of comps. go on ebay for bout 170 shipped so 340 for two sets.

and they were blown when i purchased the car, the crossovers work fine, and i dont listen to my music all that loud.

the only thing i can figure is that they are only rated 125 rms and my amp is 150.4 rms. everything is hooked up at a four ohm load one set to 2 channels of the amp the other set to the other two

back to the original question are those 50 dollar interfires that handle 175 rms watts going to be a quality set for now think they will sound decent?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.