One front speaker cutting in and out. KILLING ME. HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

axeshredder
10+ year member

Okay, I've read as much info on this as I can, and still baffled. The head unit is a kenwood ka997. Its about a year old. Speakers are Arc components. There's one set new, and one set about 8 months old. All are in front. One set is in kick panels. The speakers are ran by a jl audio hd 600. One speaker, or possibly both, on right side cut in and out. I don't think they totally quit, but lose a lot of volume. It's not only at high volume either. Here's the weirdest azz thing about it. If I put the car in park, they come back on. If I hit the door unlock, they come back on. It's been hard to check alone, because when I put in park, they come back on. I know, sounds crazy, but happens EVERY time. A pro audio shop did install, and they checked all connections, and seem to be good. I don't think it's the speakers themselves. So help. is it the hu, or am I losing an amp channel? Or best, just back wire on that run?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.