one amp two 12's

eljohnny1

can any body help me I am trying to hook up two audibahn subs to a kenwood 729S 2-channel amp I am having problems with the sound

The problem is it cuts of at not so high volumes some of the time

the subs are rated at 800 watts rms

the amp is 600 watts max

Also how would you recomend me to wire them stereo or mono?

what is the rms power of the amp?? if you dont give the speakers enough power it can damage the speakers....

actually...that is not true at all.. can you damage your tires by diving to slow?

Ok now you have two 12's that are 800rms and a amp that is 600 watts max, now it doesen't look like you are giving them enough power no matter weather your driving or walkin and your amp is probely screaming for mercey. What i would do is get one, or two 1000 watt amps and a cap, or yellow top battery, they are tight. {and you can under power sub motors and wreak them without good power because the motor is working to hard, and the amp will eventully go as well} power them in mono, why would you want voices coming from the subs thats what tweets are for bro

i had a similar porblem when my infinity amp tryed to give power to my hungry rf power hx2. the amp would keep turning off, the thing is the sub is asking for more power then the amp can give. I would suggest a new amp.

G'day,

I had one of those kac-729s amps:mad:

The power rating on it was 100wrms by 2.

It was gutless for running my subs.

It couldn't power two 10"s rated at 140wrms a piece without clipping at a moderate volume. It's no wonder you've got probs.

Buy an amp with some balls that is designed for your subs (ie the power rating). Maybe a monoblock class D around 1000 to 1200 watts for both bridged, or an amp each depending on how you wire it all.

DON'T OVERPOWER THE F'KERS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

clipping is based upon your gain setting mostly.....so as long as you dont have the gain set to high for your amp that shouldnt be a problem....good luck

A "clipped" signal is what will burn out a voice coil.....if the amp is rated way under the speakers handling capabilities it will sound fine until you start to turn the volume way up........that is what causes the amplifier to clip and that is what blows speakers.

Originally posted by Tinka G'day,

I had one of those kac-729s amps:mad:

The power rating on it was 100wrms by 2.

It was gutless for running my subs.

It couldn't power two 10"s rated at 140wrms a piece without clipping at a moderate volume. It's no wonder you've got probs.

Buy an amp with some balls that is designed for your subs (ie the power rating). Maybe a monoblock class D around 1000 to 1200 watts for both bridged, or an amp each depending on how you wire it all.

DON'T OVERPOWER THE F'KERS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif
Tinka that kac 729 amp has balls. You just need to know how to install. I put (2) W6 JL Audio subs with that little 600watt amp and it bassed to much. That's why I left only (1) 12" in there. And still I get lots of bass. That 12" looks like it's going to bust. You can't tell Audiobahn is better than JL. I've owned both before. No affense eljohnny1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.