On the rise

Participant count
  • Participant list

rico52
10+ year member

Ihave an 85 bigbody delta 88 that I,m tryin to run 6 or more "12" in. subs in. I have considered JL Audio W6. I have three direct amps. I need to get an box built for my trunk that will hold six subs. I have a pack of four 6'9 across the back window. a DEQ PIONEER 7600 EQUALIZER. I have apair of fultron tweeters. A pioneer head unit. Is that gonna be enough to pull down competition?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Dude! I have an 85 Delta too!

But I'm not willing to give up my spare tire for subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif You should make the box yourself, it isn't hard. You should be able to put 3 across facing front and 3 more facing rear. The problem is getting the sound into the car from the trunk. The Delta is well insulated. You gotta take out the jute padding behind the rear seat. And maybe remove a couple of those 6X9's so you have nice big holes for the sound to come out.

Rock on with the Rocket.

Yeah, man I could get an box built but, there is an hump in the back of the Delta that will make the box stand up more than I'd like it too. Maybe that's the reason why it's so difficult for me to run those subs like i want them ran for me. No I didn't consider the insullation but now you know it's outta there,and it's kickin rare ass for no reason. The hump will make the to high and i will not be able to close my trunk. when i get it built i will the king of Memphis(Elvis). I will be t6he hardest rocker. Any more ideas for me on that subject?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Yeah I'd go for less subs too. Maybe start with a pair of bice 12's and see how it sounds. You can make a box to hold 2 and fit it easily in the spot where the spare is, with them facing front. Mine is in the rear fender so it's outa the way but it faces sideways and that sux. There's at least 16" trunk depth which is plenty for 12" sub box.

if your oldsmolester has fold down seats you will get great spl, if your seats don't fold down kiss your spl dreams goodbye....unless you do a wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.