Omg 2 Gauge Or 4 Gauge

just letting everyone kno i went with kicker 1/0 hyperflex. got the kit looks real nice.. just got 1 question the wire has the heat shield and then a "clamp" on one side to screw into battery and about 20' later. it is open to go into amp..how should i put the fuse block into there? it came with extra 4 gauge power wire. should i run 4 gauge from bat for about a 1' to the fuse block then 1 gauge? from fuse block to amp?

but no matter what i would still have to cut into the heat shielding. so i would just prefer to run the 1/0 all the way through

ok well im starting a new system amp is hifonics bxi2006d and im looking at which wire to get.. more power=better it has 2 gauge inputs and i like to keep it either that or 4gauge
my question is

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4

or

tsunami 4 gauge.. or does anyone else have any recommendations would prefer to keep to 2 gauge to 4 gauge only..thanks

the 2006d takes 1/0. i had a friend that wrecked 2 of these amps from a 4 gauge electrical system.

yea i used that kit too just run the 1/0 all the way. when you cut through the heat shield it likes to fray which *****, but i just wrapped the last inch with tape and that looks alright.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.