old school punch amp

slwilson6
10+ year member

dfw
i have and have been using an old punch 200.2 bridged to 2 ohm mono from 8.1 volts. does anyone know about how many watts this might be considering this is one of those underrated amps from the 90s. someone told me at one time that it might be pushing 500 watts at 2 ohms. does that sound about right? i am getting ready to redo my system for my new truck and if it is pushing around 500watts then i will reuse it to push a pair of 10w3's rated at 600w rms. money is tight so that is what i would prefer to do.

you think so? I've had this amp since 97 and I don't think it has ever been wired at anything higher than 2 ohms mono. it might have been closer to 3 when I ran 3 single voice coil 10's off of it. i know it runs warm sometimes when I really push it hard but it is still working fine. not sure what to do now. any other suggestions?

I actually was going to start a similar thread about a gen 1 punch 150 I have.

I was hoping for a little more that the advertised 180w bridged to 4 ohms, but

I'll only be running 13.4 volts.

i have always heard that they are really underrated on their wattage output. i just would like to know if it is going to be enough to push around 500-600 watts on 2 subs versus the one DVC.

i just wanna know if i am gonna challenge my new subs with this amp or should I finally retire my nearly 12 year old amp and get a new one. money is tight and this amp has never let me down yet.

black, egg shaped (when the end caps are on), 12 inches wide by 15 inches long (again with the end caps are on)...
I finally gave up my old punch 100ix dsm after 12+ years (only about 5 or 6 years of it was it in use). Used it to power a single 12w6 which is also 12ish years old. The punch I have listed on ebay and is just over 100 dollars with about 4 days left on the auction. Not to bad. Definitely got my moneys worth out of it. I have the 12w6 also on ebay, its just over 60 now with 4 days to go.

Only 50%? I had a pre-HD Punch 150 and its birth sheet rated it @ 430 watts RMS with

I think my punch 150 is a little weaker; It's true gen 1 without punch 150 written

in red on the heat sink. It has punch 150 written on the side plate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.