Old School O'Scope

Participant count
  • Participant list

herbykw
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just bought a Heathkit 10-12 Oscilloscope for pretty cheap. I was just wondering if anyone has used this, or has one. This is my first O-scope. I dont even know if it will work for helping with my system. Does anyone know the fuse rating on these?

Heathkit_10-12.gif

heathkitscopeside.jpg

heathkitscope.jpg

The manufactuerers website sells the manual. But i thought i could find it online, probly for free but, im beggining to think it aint that easy.

This is ********! no wonder why i cant find any info online.

"Old Electronics Kit Manuals Forced Offline Thanks To Copyright

from the can't-learn-unless-you-pay dept

If you're unfamiliar with the important history of Heathkit and its popular electronics and computer "kits," it's worth reading the Wikipedia entry on Heathkit to get some background. The company and its products were an important part of the post-WWII "tinkerers" era. However, one of our readers, Joseph Durnal, just discovered something rather disturbing. Even though the company stopped making and selling kits back in 1992, it apparently just sold the copyrights on its old manuals to another company, which is going around forcing any old manuals offline and demanding people buy them instead:

On October 30, 2008, Data Professionals of Pleasanton, CA purchased the Intellectual property of the Heathkit legacy products from Heathkit in Benton Harbor, Michigan. This rights to these legacy products also includes the copyright. All free manuals have been removed from this site in compliance with copyright laws.

So, now, anyone still playing around with decades old Heathkit products can't look online for some information from a missing manual, but instead is expected to pay up for a reprint."

Personally, I wouldn't bother too much.

You might be able to find info about it from ham radio or vintage audio forums, but I would stay far away from vacuum-tubed based test gear. Whether O'scopes, or vacuum tube voltmeters...stuff drifts out of calibration, low bandwidth/resolution...

While I'm all for tubes in amps, test equipment is better off solid state //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I bet those are Mullard 12AU7s, I see "Britain" on one of them...

Probably worth the $15 by itself, if it's relatively low hours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.