Old School Orion Cobalt 2105xp question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Howdy,

I've got an Infinity 1262w DVC sub from a year ago sitting in the box (the packaging box, not an enclosure). If I wire this sub in series config, then I'm told the amp would see an 8 ohm load. The sub rated power handling is 300w, and the amp is rated at 400w rms into a 4 ohm load. I know all of the Orion amps in the 90's were underrated, but how much power do you guys think it will realistically put into that 8 ohm load? Most user manuals don't talk about 8 ohms at all. Thanks for reading.

The sum of the 4ohm stereo load. That amp should be like 125x2 @4. So it would be like 250x1 bridged @8. Idr how underrated they were, so definately a solid 250, but perhaps 300w

Ok, sounds like the sub should be getting enough juice without the danger of being overpowered. I forgot to say 400w x 1 BRIDGED into a 4 ohm load, but I think you figured it out. Appreciate the help.

idk know about underrated man., I used to sell orion and cobalt amps I saw were weaker than the memphis/fultron amps we sold.. if it really has 400rms at 4 ohm bridged I'd say u probably get 200rms maybe (could be 150) and that's if it really has 400 @4.. big diff between cobalt and xtr amps.. be enough to move the sub just may not be loud as u want..

Thanks Gramps....

You know, maybe I should get it bench tested, just to really find out, it hasn't seen any action for the last 10 years, maybe it's time to see if it still puts up the claimed numbers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.