Amp Shutting off

Participant count
  • Participant list

Seanblaze87

Okay I'm going to provide as much detail as possible.

I have a Kenwood 9106D 2000w amplifier. I have a pair of Polk MOMOs. I am running 4 gauge from the battery to the d-block. To another amp which is running the components. The d-block I am using, is a 4 gauge to 4-8 gauge connection. I then have that 8 gauge going into a farad cap, which is going into the Kenwood 9106D. I have connected the terminals to the wires correctly, I am running the subs in a series (1 and 3, and 2 and 4). It ran flawlessly for a few days. As of yesterday, when I turn my volume up, the sub amp shuts off. I've lowered the ISF from 25 to 50. I've turned the low pass filter from 200 to 80. I've turned the gain down from -1.5 to -5. Still when I turn the volume up not even halfway, the sub cuts out. I've checked my ground, it's directly to the chassis on a bolt with no paint on it. I'm starting to think the MOMOs are overpowering the amp. Should I try adjusting the amp or just buying the Polk MOMO amplifier. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.