Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

79bronco
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale:

DD C6.5 component set. Bought off of Caloriu on CACO last year and they have just been sitting in my closet. About to move again, and trying to liquidate some of my unused gear.

I can provide the link to Caloriu's original for sale thread if requested.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

These DD Separates consist of 28mm flush-mount tweeters, separate woofers and crossovers.

High quality parts are used throughout the drivers. The surrounds are formed from a high loss but light weight rubber to smooth the frequency response and keep the sensitivity as high as possible. The surround is attached to an injection molded, mineral filled polypropylene cone. This makes a rigid cone with good internal damping.

The voice coil uses the highest temperature wire wound on a reinforced, anodized aluminum coil former. The machined motor structure helps keep the tolerances tight while providing the high energy magnetic strength needed for today's high output demands. The tinsel leads run through the spiders to eliminate potential buzzing and improve durability.

The tweeter is a 28mm, back-vented neo magnet system with liquid cooling. The metal alloy diaphragm provides smooth response by moving breakup modes beyond the audible frequency range. The lightness of the diaphragm contributes to higher sensitivity and less strain at a given volume.

The inline crossovers use high power handling/low inductance parts, low DF capacitors and high voltage electrolytics. The laminated steel coils keep resistance low, cutting output losses to a minimum. These smaller inlines make installation simple (the way it should be) with their compact dimensions. Each crossover can quickly and easily be mounted right next to their mate in most vehicles. Direct connection hookup wires allow for solid connections with flexible positioning.

The inline woofer crossovers feature a midrange EQ contour-circuit to boost or flatten the midrange response between 1000-2500Hz. The inline tweeter crossovers feature a 0 or -3dB level switch.

The kits come with everything needed to mount in just about any situation; included are two pairs of inline crossovers, speaker wire, speaker grills, 3 different tweeter mounts [flush, surface and angled] and mounting tabs/screws.

The new DD Separates bring high-end performance within reach of any enthusiast, giving high value, ease of installation and high fidelity.

Features

Subwoofer Grade Coil Wire

Vented Back 28mm Tweeters

Powerful Large Diameter Motors

Injection Molded Mineral Filled Cones

Flush & Angle Tweeter Mounts

Inline, Hideable Cross-overs

Aluminum Coil Formers

SPECIFICATIONS

Series C

Nominal Impedance 4.0 Ohm

DC Resistance 3.1 Ohm

Model C6.5

Woofer Diameter 6.5"

Voice Coil Diameter 1.5"

Magnet Weight 16 oz

RMS/Music/Peak 80/120/240

Frequency Range 50 Hz - 22 kHz

Sensitivity 91 dB

Shipping Weight 11 lbs

Subwoofer Grade Coil Wire

I have lost the grills for the mids, not sure where they could be. Also, this set is being sold without crossovers (do people still run passive setups)

Cosmetically, they look rough from being moved so many times. I'd give them a 6/10

Price:

150 obo

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

10801987_10153346814929622_1830484432968241839_n.jpg

1976928_10153346814879622_1390291983001226209_n.jpg

Nice set, there's a good chance you'd be able to fix that dented dustcap by using suction with a vacuum
I'll let the next guy deal with them. For this price, someone is getting a killer deal. Sale is pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...