Old School Beast

Spooney
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Inspired by the old school installs thread :

cv1.jpg

cv2.jpg

cv3.jpg

picked this sub up about a month ago. traded a cheapo prefab sealed box that i paid 5 bucks for straight up for it. still plays perfectly but has almost no excursion compared to the subs of today

I remember when I was 16 wishing I could afford the oh so powerful cerwin vega xl12d. I remember thinking these things were beefy back then.

if i ever get back to the point where i have some free cash i have an oldschool orion 2150gx in need of repair that would be about perfect for this sub.

Sensitivity of 96db. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Talk about efficient.

I remember when I was 16 wishing I could afford the oh so powerful cerwin vega xl12d. I remember thinking these things were beefy back then.
Me too! I saw a guy get some of these from a pawn shop about 6 years ago. He hooked them up in the paking lot in a Box Caprice. They were in 2 ported boxes banging real hard. They already cosmetically looked beat to hell. He drove down the street to where we couldn't see him, but we could still hear him. It sounded louder than just 2 12's!

i love the cerwin vega xl series man. my first woofer was an xl15d. i am currently running one of the ai12d myself :p

21_-478353245.jpg

CIMG0817.jpg

CIMG0818.jpg

CIMG0819.jpg

CIMG0820.jpg

and my altime favorite. i regrett selling thisone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC001571.jpg

Inspired by the old school installs thread :
cv1.jpg

cv2.jpg

cv3.jpg

picked this sub up about a month ago. traded a cheapo prefab sealed box that i paid 5 bucks for straight up for it. still plays perfectly but has almost no excursion compared to the subs of today
I just threw away two of those in the 10" version. They sat in my closet for 10 years and the surrounds rotted.

surround is pretty good on this one. its got kind of a 2 layer surround with the front being red and the back being gray. theres is just the slightest crack in the red portion of the surround maybe an inch long but it doesn't go all the way through. i was searching for a recone just for the hell of it but then realized i am too boke to worry about fixing a sub i'll never use much. That accurate image sub above looks brand new and the Stroker was one of the old school subs i always wanted but never had. almost had one once but when I hooked it up to test it was making some terrible noises so I had to pass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.