old JL 10w6 compare to 1 Fi10 BL?

the old w6 was not designed to "hit hard". these 2 subs are not in the same class.

but to answer your question, the fi will hit harder-quite a bit actualy.

-vic

The bl10 is geared toward output first while the w6 is quite the opposite. If you're looking for a loud daily driving 10 get the BL...I loved mine.

Awesome! thanks for the help guys. The 3 w6s were my first and only subs I have had and they sounded LOUD to me. . . . . I guess I'm in for a TREAT when I get the BL!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Awesome! thanks for the help guys. The 3 w6s were my first and only subs I have had and they sounded LOUD to me. . . . . I guess I'm in for a TREAT when I get the BL!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Sure thing man. How many BLs are you getting?

now dont expect that bl to be as loud as the 3 old w6's were, its hard for 1 sub to have more output than 3 of the same sized subs.

sub for sub the bl will pwn the w6 in output.

-vic

Did for a second but I realize u can't compare 1 sub to 3! What can I expect from the BL from switching from 3 10s to 1? Will it be same output but a little more pressure?

Did for a second but I realize u can't compare 1 sub to 3! What can I expect from the BL from switching from 3 10s to 1? Will it be same output but a little more pressure?
i don't think you'll be satisfied with the switch to one 10 vs. three 10's...you need to get at least 2 of those fi's to really be satisfied...just my $.02.

with enough power, and a ported box, 2 of thoes bl's would be much louder than the jl's. in thier day, the old w6's were excellent in a triple setup but ary way outdated compaired to the standards of today.

-vic

second thoughts . . . here is what I have: Diamond Audio D6 1000.1, What would be a considerable upgrade with 1000w @ 1 ohm from 3 old 10w6s? Box is going behind rear seats. Around 2.5 cubes. 6.75" mounting depth MAX! A different 10? Maybe a 12? Please Help!!!!!

We were on a roll earlier with the help. What 12 could I get that would hit harder and be louder than my 3 w6s?
A dd 3512 with about 2k clean power should do the trick in about 2.5 cuft ported and tuned to 40hz or even a dd 9912 with the same or more power.

iam running a dd 3510 on 2k(have been trying out diffrent amps)now and its very, very loud for just 1 10". id venture to say that its probably louder than what 3 old w6's would be.

-vic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.