Ok both 6x9 Blown...need advice.

Participant count
  • Participant list

-CT-
10+ year member

London
My dad took the car yesterday and it came back with by other 6x9 blown. So now the bass in both is gone. Its definately not the gain because i have it set to absolute minimum (as in the gain will not go any lower). Amp pumps out 200w rms @ 4 ohms for 2 channels and the infinities handle 110rms.

Well since i dont think any 6x9's are going to be able to handle that much rms that i know of i was thinking of getting some 6 or 8inch subs as some people on here suggested. My main problem is the trunk in my BMW 3 series sedan (2000) is big and i dont want to make an enclosure for them so will they sound any good free air?

As for components im probably going to go with the CDT ef51's as soon as i get the cash to have them shipped over here. Also a JBL 75.4 amp to run them.

I need to think of something soon because i hate not having any bass in the car.

add a sub? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thats the simple option but i really dont want to take up boot space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. My boot is in use like 24/7.

take out the rear 6x9's, make a fiberglass enclosure that is inverted (subs 'butt' facing up, cone facing down) and mount it where the 6x9's used to be.

boot will be free for use, and you will have some really nice midbass locations.

i sugges RE8, KODA8, TAG BAND8 - there are others, but im not an official and im telling you what people told me to look for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.