ok. another n00b question. how to hook up a 6 channel?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So your saying run 4 channel RCA's into the inputs. The run a small 2 channel RCA from the output back to the other remaining to inputs...correct?
correct

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

just google the amp

correct 

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

just google the amp
I did google the amp. I found the manual. I believe it does have the outs.

Thank you for the help! I should have just PM'd you first. You know so much!

If I get the audison It should be a very nice compliment to my system.

I have a great sub stage. But that is it. I am definitely looking to make it more complete. Rather than it just being about the bass.

I'll see what happens next year. but I am thinking of adding a bunch of components to the doors along with some tweets maybe.

I contacted iraggi about sending them the bracket in my car that the alternator and a/c mounts too. So I can get a 2nd alternator in there.

this is all you need to see how to control the amp (and how to wire 4 channels in and get 6 channels out)

AudisonLRx69_blockdiagram_zps3604b344.png

i love that Audison does this. another reason i love their amps.

we'll use his head unit front/rear outputs to feed channels A and C, respectively. HU sub out will go to the sub amp. Channel B gets the same signal as Channel A (via switch). Channel B Inputs/Outputs are not used. Tweeters to Channel A, Midrange to Channel B.

we will use a high pass crossover on the HU rear outputs in conjunction with the low pass on the Audison Channel C to achieve bandpass for midbass.

i'll be helping him with amp setup and wiring (remotely). i've helped other people with Audison amp setups/tuning in the past. they can be daunting to some, but i look at diagrams above with a smile. i love knowing what's going on. i love LRx amps.

incorrect. you didn't look up the amp. there are not 6 inputs and 2 outputs. there are four inputs and two selectable inputs/outputs.

sorry. thanks for trying though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

we'll use his head unit front/rear outputs to feed channels A and C, respectively. HU sub out will go to the sub amp. Channel B gets the same signal as Channel A (via switch). Channel B Inputs/Outputs are not used. Tweeters to Channel A, Midrange to Channel B.
we will use a high pass crossover on the HU rear outputs in conjunction with the low pass on the Audison Channel C to achieve bandpass for midbass.

i'll be helping him with amp setup and wiring (remotely). i've helped other people with Audison amp setups/tuning in the past. they can be daunting to some, but i look at diagrams above with a smile. i love knowing what's going on. i love LRx amps.

I am glad that you understand the diagram above. I took a good look at it. I think I kind of understand it. I am very happy that you are helping me. And that you know/like the amp. I am happy that I didn't get some cheap amp like I originally planned on.

So. Whenever I get around to hooking it up. The RCA's will be plugged into channel A and C. Channel B will get signal via a switch that is on the amplifier?

And yes. Just so you know the LRx is very DAUNTING. I have showed the amplifier to both my brothers and a friend. We all made the same face. Just perplexed at all the crossover controls they give you.

use the diagram above to understand what channel is affected by each control. the manual does a very good job explaining.

the LRx series is MUCH easier to follow than the previous series. The older models were very complicated.

use the diagram above to understand what channel is affected by each control. the manual does a very good job explaining.
the LRx series is MUCH easier to follow than the previous series. The older models were very complicated.
You got it! I will definitely read that manual front to back.

I have a buddy who does this car audio with me and he is a CNC machinist/programmer. So I know he will understand the diagram. I know I am making it more complicated than it actually is. Once I read the manual it won't be so daunting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.