ok. another n00b question. how to hook up a 6 channel?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jockhater2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Headunit kenwood kdc 895

I'm looking at picking up that audison LRx 6.9 and maybe those old mb quarts 6.25s.

I have no idea. I've never used a multi channel amp before.

I would be hooking up 2 tweets, 4. Coaxials and 2 components. (I might add more components)

I might change that up. I don't know. I just figured since I maximized my sub stage. I'll go crazy with the front stage.

But what RCAs would I need? Sleeze said I would run a 4 channel rca or 2 2 channels.

Ok. I see that my HU says it has 6 channel pre amp outputs. But 2 of them are for sub...so should I safely assume that a 6 channel amp is used for full range speakers + sub?

Can I use the audison 6 channel like a 4 channel?

Thanks for the help. Feel free to rip on me for the question haha

Last edited by a moderator:
So running active?
I just need to know if I should be looking at a 4 channel or if I can make use of that 6 channel. Can I hook it up to my HU?

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X895 CD receiver at Crutchfield Outlet

it says my HU has 6 channel pre amp outputs.

but 2 of them are for the subs?

I guess what I am looking for is a simple answer.

is a 6 channel amplifier used to power all full range speakers? or is it meant for full range + sub?

Yes, get 2 Y-splitters to make the 4 front and rear channels 6. I had to do that with my JVC sub channel thats a mono.

You can use the Audison's 5-6 channels as either a sub bridged or as another set of fronts/rears.

Yes, get 2 Y-splitters to make the 4 front and rear channels 6. I had to do that with my JVC sub channel thats a mono.
You can use the Audison's 5-6 channels as either a sub bridged or as another set of fronts/rears.
ok. Thank you SO MUCH. I have a sub amp. So. I would like to use the Audisons 5-6 channel as front/rears.

To do that. I need to...

Run 4 channel RCA's? or 6 channel RCA's with 2 the Y splitters?

Can explain it. I am sorry. I just really am having a hard time with this. Subs are easy. But this whole front stage is the hard part.

ok. Thank you SO MUCH. I have a sub amp. So. I would like to use the Audisons 5-6 channel as front/rears.To do that. I need to...

Run 4 channel RCA's? or 6 channel RCA's with 2 the Y splitters?

Can explain it. I am sorry. I just really am having a hard time with this. Subs are easy. But this whole front stage is the hard part.
Not sure about the pass through, but if you use the y splitters you will need to run 6 rca's to it, another 2 for the sub amp.

pass thru or a rca out ,you just plug in the 4 channels the get a small 2 channel rca plug it in the outputs then back into the 5 and 6 channel rca plug ins

Not sure about the pass through, but if you use the y splitters you will need to run 6 rca's to it, another 2 for the sub amp.
...this is going to sound frustrating...but I don't get it.

Run 6 channel RCA's...?

I already have the Sub RCA's run. The car is done. Just looking to upgrade my front stage from HU to amp.

pass thru or a rca out ,you just plug in the 4 channels the get a small 2 channel rca plug it in the outputs then back into the 5 and 6 channel rca plug ins
So your saying run 4 channel RCA's into the inputs. The run a small 2 channel RCA from the output back to the other remaining to inputs...correct?

dont do this ,it breaks the signal down,if there is the outputs use them,thats what they are for

...this is going to sound frustrating...but I don't get it.
Run 6 channel RCA's...?

I already have the Sub RCA's run. The car is done. Just looking to upgrade my front stage from HU to amp.
do what mylow said, run a set of 4 channel rca's to the front/rear, then a small rca run from the out to the other 5/6 channel in.

I'm out so I don't give you more dumb advise on amp outs, lol

do what mylow said, run a set of 4 channel rca's to the front/rear, then a small rca run from the out to the other 5/6 channel in.
I'm out so I don't give you more dumb advise on amp outs, lol
No. Its quite ok. Thank you for the advice. I really didn't know what to do. I am going to PM sleazebagger to see if the audison has out's. Since I can't get a image of the RCA's by searching.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.