Ohms.......?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mega24v

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mn
So I have 2 12in mtx subs in an isobaric 4th order in a push pull... recently fried an amp so bought a new one... didn't pay attention to the impedance of the new amp....
Currently the box is wired to 2ohm.. the amp is only 4ohm stable in bridged... so is there any way to run two 4ohm subs in a push pull with a final impedance of 4ohms? Either way im going to have to rewire... with the current amp I can get more out of bridged 4 ohm then twin 4ohms... just curious if its possible....?
The amp runs-
800w bridged at 4ohm
400w x2 at 2 ohm
Or 250w x2 at 4ohm
Oooorrrr how would I wire 2 4ohm subs to 2 2ohm loads in a push pull operation?

Did you buy a 2 channel amplifier for that? If so should have bought a mono block and ran those subs at 1ohm. Also what amplifier is it?
I'm working on buying a 2500w thats 1ogm stable.. but I would have to build a new box. At the moment their in a isobaric 4th order... clam style and one side is sealed and the other side is ported... so I have to run 2ohm because one is pushing while the other is pulling.
20201001_183737.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.