Installing Component Speakers - Genesis Coupe

Participant count
  • Participant list

David88

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all. I'm not experienced with audio equipment and I've come across some issues with my installation process.

Car : 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Rspec 3.8L (Without upgraded sound from factory)
Head Unit: Sony XAV-AX1000
Mono Amp: Phoenix Gold d.1000
Subwoofers: Phoenix Gold 12in 500 watt RMS each

I am Installing components for front door:
Polk Audio DB6501 6.5"

And coax for the rear:
Polk Audio DB652 6.5"

I started with the front. I have two stock lines to each door. One for the stock tweeter and one for the stock 6.5" woofer.

I tried connecting both lines into the crossover input (this input only has 1 set of +&-) and then of course for the 2 outputs I connected my new woofer and tweeter. I noticed that the woofer wasn't being powered well. I connected the stock woofer again and it was much louder and more responsive.

Did I connect them wrong or is it because I need an amp sending the approximate 100 watts RMS to this new speaker?

Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide photos if anybody needs a visual.

I would advise an amp on those . Your midbass response on the top polks will
Be better. Also you got 1000 watts in a coupe. It will ensure your front stage can keep up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.