Ohms question

Participant count
  • Participant list

brennen232

i am currently running 4x6s in the front of my vehicle and 6x9s in the rear , the 4x6s are 2 ohm svc and 6x9s are 4 ohm svc , both sets are begin run off a kickerzx350.4 which puts out 60rms x4 at 4 ohms and 90rms x4 at 2 , each speaker is running off a seperate channel , my question is that since the 4x6s are 2 ohm and 6x9s are 4 ohms is that causing any problems for the speakers or amps since the speakers are different ohms ?

As long as your amp is 2Ω stereo capable there won't be an issue. As mentioned, your 4x6's will just be getting more power unless you turn your gains down.
^^^^ The amplifier will also run a little hotter @2ohms also,but it should be just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.