Ohms and bridging question. The right choice...

Participant count
  • Participant list

DrBD

CarAudio.com Newbie
CA
Hey folks!

So please look at the following charts/diagrams. I'm using this amp with two dual 4 Ohm voice coil subs.

1) Is it safe to assume that I'll get 300W per channel with 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms? Or is there some math I'm not aware of that automatically lowers the wattage for one or the other?
2) Would I get more efficiency if I only use one VC (4 Ohms) or if I wire in series utilizing both VCs (8 Ohms)?

Thanks!

No you will only get the 300w at 4ohm Bridge and 200 at 8ohm bridge

The amp appears 2ohm stable per channel but bridging at 4ohm is the equivalent of each channel at 2ohm.

bridging at 8 ohm would be the equivalent to each channel at 4ohm

No you will only get the 300w at 4ohm Bridge and 200 at 8ohm bridge

The amp appears 2ohm stable per channel but bridging at 4ohm is the equivalent of each channel at 2ohm.

bridging at 8 ohm would be the equivalent to each channel at 4ohm

So if I want the most watts, I should just use one 4 Ohm VC per sub. This should give me the best sound, right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...