Ohm load amp suggestions.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have 2-12" Kicker L7's that are dual 2 ohm subs. I have a 1 ohm stable amp. It is a Powerbass that is 1000 watts at 2ohms or 2000 1 ohm. Should i wire them to do 2 ohms or sell it amd run two 1 ohm amps or what? I need help.
Powerbass likes to exaggerate their numbers a lot. What model is it?

Regardless, the L7's are 750W RMS each so the amp doesn't really match them very well anyways. Definitely avoid doing 2 amps as well. Either find an amp that can do 1500w rms at 2 ohms or one that's .5 ohm stable that can do 1500w. I second the motion to sell it, at least the amp. The subs are so/so, I'd never build a system around them unless I got them on the cheap.

why? the subs are great. and at 1 ohm on one of them it sounds awesome but I want to run both subs.
If you like the subs at least get an amp that can drive them properly. That particular amp brand has a tendency to make claims that can't possibly be true. For example, their 2000W 1 ohm stable amp I looked up (might be your model) has 3 35A fuses. 35+35+35=105... 105x14.4v = 1512W theoretical maximum and yet they claim 2000. Red flags for days. Kicker's reputation is better, although I wouldn't push those particular subs past their ratings either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.