Off brand subwoofers....Dont shoot me.

treiber67
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Lets say I new someone that might be looking to do another budget setup and wanted to obtain 4 15's for around $300.00 What would be some good suggestions. I hate off brand as much as the next guy but which ones going to hold up best. I did some research on lanzars max 15 and they seem to work rather well...any input here?

If your only running 2k then u don't want 4 lanzar max they are a 1000rms each and can fully take it all day...they are not nearly close to being as crappy as price indicates

I am going to go out on a limb and say that most of the responses will be to save up and spend more for 2 subs and maybe more power instead of 4 lower quality drivers.
I wouldn't say that cone area alone is worth it if you can find a DECENT set of woofers..cone area>power

He could run 4 of the Lanzars on 2k. It would be a loud, cheap budget setup. I've heard 3 of the 12's in action. Kid was running them on a Kicker zx1500.1 and they got pretty loud for 45 dollar subwoofers.

The Lanzar Max series subs are great budget performers. Used the 10's and 12's myself and had great results. The 15's I believe are rated for 1200 watts peak. No rms rating given but they should handle 600 rms and have no problem holding that power. My 12's handled 500 rms all day long and the 15's have a bigger voice coil(2.5" on the 15's and 2" for the 12's) . Q-Power Deluxe subs are another great budget option

Here is the Lanzar Max on Lanzar's site : Lanzar - MAX15D - Max 15'' 1200 Watt Small Enclosure Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.