OEM HU - USB options? Need advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

02_Maxima

I’m completely new to this forum and need expert advice from you guys and girls. I apologize in advance for my questions knowing how it is to be new and not knowing where to look. I think my question will be simple for one of you to answer but I have no idea where to begin.

Anyway, I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima with an OEM headunit. Nothing fancy. Non Bose. I want to somehow attach a USB port or aux/Bluetooth to it so I can attach my iphone and play music. Is there a way to do this or should I just get a new headunit? I’d like to keep the stock unit in place if possible.

Thanks

I’m completely new to this forum and need expert advice from you guys and girls. I apologize in advance for my questions knowing how it is to be new and not knowing where to look. I think my question will be simple for one of you to answer but I have no idea where to begin.
Anyway, I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima with an OEM headunit. Nothing fancy. Non Bose. I want to somehow attach a USB port or aux/Bluetooth to it so I can attach my iphone and play music. Is there a way to do this or should I just get a new headunit? I’d like to keep the stock unit in place if possible.

Thanks
well my $119 kenwood has all u need + 20 audio settings, xovers, pre amp out puts if u ever want to add a amp, usb, bt, digital time alignment (delay) like home theaters have.. u just have to get it installed and may need adapters to save things like steering wheel controls.. some hu that have that are like $99..

Thanks
I can make it work ...but it could be tricky on your deck depending on features ..Does you radio happen to have RDS ?

well my $119 kenwood has all u need + 20 audio settings, xovers, pre amp out puts if u ever want to add a amp, usb, bt, digital time alignment (delay) like home theaters have.. u just have to get it installed and may need adapters to save things like steering wheel controls.. some hu that have that are like $99..
He’s wanting to keep his factory head unit

he said or should i replace it., u just said it'll be tricky to keep it soooo $59 for a new hu sound lots better huh?
Price of new headunit wouldn’t be bad ..depending on how much everything else cost to get it working in his vehicle such as adapters ..dash kit etc ..some vehicles can be cheap and easy and some expensive and complicated

I can make it work ...but it could be tricky on your deck depending on features ..Does you radio happen to have RDS ?
I don’t have RDS. I think that was available with the Bose units but not mine. I do have an old XM radio unit wired into the back of it that I can get rid of.

Looking at dash kits and harnesses on eBay the maxima of his year looks to be rather cheap for dash kit and such ..and can go double din or single din unit
Yes, I’d rather keep the stock HU and wire something in. I have looked at dual DIN units and found a few that would work but none that I like. I was going to get an Eclipse HU but that’s was years ago and i don’t even think they still make them.

Looking at dash kits and harnesses on eBay the maxima of his year looks to be rather cheap for dash kit and such ..and can go double din or single din unit
i had an 03 Maxima, and a double din would look smashing in it. I love the way my DD looks in my accord, just makes it neat, tidy and more with the times esp if its a touchscreen unit.

if you want to keep it cheap and simple, this would do the trick

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Yes, I’d rather keep the stock HU and wire something in. I have looked at dual DIN units and found a few that would work but none that I like. I was going to get an Eclipse HU but that’s was years ago and i don’t even think they still make them.
Eclipse, unfortunately, died. Their HU's were dope af tho

i just use usb 99.9999% of the time, and its pretty awesome except for the startup time

i had an 03 Maxima, and a double din would look smashing in it. I love the way my DD looks in my accord, just makes it neat, tidy and more with the times esp if its a touchscreen unit.
if you want to keep it cheap and simple, this would do the trick

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Eclipse, unfortunately, died. Their HU's were dope af tho

i just use usb 99.9999% of the time, and its pretty awesome except for the startup time
That link didn’t work *♂️

Yeah, it seems like a headache to keep it stock now. I just figured there’d be a simple plug and play option to add to the back of the unit.

Yeah, it seems like a headache to keep it stock now. I just figured there’d be a simple plug and play option to add to the back of the unit.
sometimes changer control ports can be converted and it is possible to solder in a connection point, but you have to be d@mn good with a soldering iron to do that

try this one

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-2300NEX-Multimedia-Bluetooth-SiriusXM-Ready/dp/B073BKPWNC/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Nissan%7C67&Model=Maxima%7C891&Year=2002%7C2002&ie=UTF8&n=1077068&newVehicle=1&s=car&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

different deck than the first link, but at a hair over $300 its a decent deck thatll sound great and look pretty nice too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.