Odd Noise from Becker 7820 head unit! help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gooey36

Hi all,

Newbie to the site as I am attempting some car audio work - always find the various forums to be an invaluable source of information and help.

I have a 2004 Porsche 996 C2 which originally came with the Becker CDR23 head unit and 4-speaker set-up.

I am more of a driver than a music listener but as I've tinkered with everything else on the car to make it drive as good as it can, I thought I'd turn my attention to the stereo.

As such I bought a very retro Becker High Speed 7820 Traffic Pro unit - not much of an upgrade from the original unit! however it does have the added functionality of sat nav and suits the car (remains OEM looking) and is very retro (which I like!)

My plan is to change out the speakers for Focal units and add an under seat sub along the way (and maybe an amp should the shop suggest I need it).

However I'm having difficulty at the first hurdle - I've swapped out the stereo's as the harness is the same, installed the GPS antenna and the FM antenna (as it needed a connector) and it all works fine - except for a really annoying noise! I've uploaded a short vid to youtube....

Any clues as to what it is?!

When you power the unit off, the display goes dark but the noise keeps on going until at least 15-30seconds after. At that point it goes quiet! Driving me mad as I can see anything physical wrong with it!

Thanks

G.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.