Obsidian subs?

Do they have decent sq ? Looking to brag on new brands but got to sound good lol
Yep, yep. They sound great, IMO.

People are going to come in here and say any subs can be an "SQ" woofer if set up properly, but that's hogwash. Some subs will sound better than others even if they're all set up perfectly.

I am looking at getting some as well in the near future, so if you do end up getting them, let me know how loud they actually get. I am a bit skeptical about that low price and still getting as loud as some other subs.

I am looking at getting some as well in the near future, so if you do end up getting them, let me know how loud they actually get. I am a bit skeptical about that low price and still getting as loud as some other subs.
They get pretty loud, bro.

Single 15 in my full size xcab in a quarter wave. 146@32hz

6e718f06.jpg

c2f81d00.jpg

Got really excited just to realize they are still in pre order mode... Waiting on a date before I order and find they aren't coming out til dec. or something. Shipping is a b on these looks like its going to be close to90 bucks for the pair

The obsidians are arguably some of the best all around subwoofers on the market for the price. You can't find much better for how much you pay for em. I loved the obsidian I was using...I bought another 12" thinking I was going to do a setup with 2 of em in a 4th order but now I'm gonna be switching direction and getting a nightshade 18 instead. Nothing against the obsidians, I just wanna try out the nightshade lol

EDIT: Oh and I was running my AQ2200 @ 1 ohm to a single OA-12 and never smelled coil or anything.

Actually... I don't think there's any argument. They're the best sub for the money.
Yep. Only other sub that's particularly close to being in its class is the sundown SA series but the obsidians are a good bit cheaper

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.